Twin Buttes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Buttes

Has anybody ever deer hunted at Twin Buttes Public Hunting Land in San Angelo? If so how was it? Also is it a draw hunt or is open to everyone?

It all changes this year. The lake control has changed over to Texas Parks and Wildlife beginning Sept. 1, if I heard the news right. Several guys on here hunt at Twin Buttes almost exclusively. There is a thread with several hundred posts in it. Do a search and it should pop up. Lot's of reading there.

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
      Has anybody ever deer hunted at Twin Buttes Public Hunting Land in San Angelo? If so how was it? Also is it a draw hunt or is open to everyone?
      I did in college quite a bit, we bird hunted at the EQ.

I bow hunted pretty far in the back.

Not a lot of help, it was always just open to the public back then. It was city owned landed so also didn't have to wear orange or abide by the same state owned public land rules.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
        I did in college quite a bit, we bird hunted at the EQ.

I bow hunted pretty far in the back.

Not a lot of help, it was always just open to the public back then. It was city owned landed so also didn't have to wear orange or abide by the same state owned public land rules.
        Negative.....it is federal land and starting tomorrow under same rules as TPWD.

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
          Negative.....it is federal land and starting tomorrow under same rules as TPWD.
          Yeah did you read what I said?

I said I wasn't much help and it WAS, like past tense.

Heard it was taken over as of 9/1.

Comment

I was out there last weekend. I plan on hunting it some this year for the first time. It looks like it will be some tough hunting. Lots of salt cedars.

Comment

Talked to a couple of guys Tues., TB requires the $48 public lands hunting permit plus a $12 fishing permit if you want to fish out there. I know a couple of guys who'll go scope it out this season to see how well they cut down on the riff-raff out there.

Comment

Working...
              X