Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok you know who you are[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad kinda did that a time or two when we hunted Ft. HOOD growing up.
    He hunted hard his entire life and only saw great bucks when him and my brother were together and my brother had the tag. Brother didn't much care though, he typically did not want to be there anyway.

Comment

Does your mother live in San Francisco now?
      I kid I kid
      Originally posted by flywise View Post
      He hunted hard his entire life and only saw great bucks when him and my brother were together and my brother had the tag. Brother didn't much care though, he typically did not want to be there anyway.
      Sent from my LM-X210CMR using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        Well good for your dad!!!! Dead is dead right?

Comment

Lol
          Good post

I always get a kick out of seeing some of the hunters and their kids heading out for the youth turkey hunt (the weekend before the turkey opener). Sure wish I could have handled a modified 3 1/2" 12ga when I was 4 or 5 years old
          [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

In SC, there’s a piece of Wildlife Management Area that could only be hunted with kiddos... My 6 year old son said he wanted to go hunting with Papaw... my Dad said “yea if Thomas was here I could hunt the youth area.” [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

so at what age does it not get questioned? asking for a friend.

Comment

I was bow hunting public land during youth weekend back in the 90's where it was legal to feed corn.

A guy walked up with a little girl about 5 years old and sat down 30 yards away. He was carrying a 50 cal. muzzle loader.
                  Last edited by Froggy; 10-02-2018, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Years ago, my brother took his son out on youth weekend. Think he was around 9 then, 30+ old now. Anyway, after the morning hunt, they climbed out of the box blind walking down the pipeline headed for the truck. My brother was carrying the rifle when a huge 8 point steps out in front of them. My brother throws down on the buck and BANG, deer down.
                    I asked why he shot it and not his son. He said "Instinct took over"!!!

Comment

My buddy's uncle was messing with his son (8 or 9 years old) when we were all talking about the upcoming season. The lease for the first time allowed hunting on youth weekend. Uncle told his son, "we're gonna hunt that weekend but if anything bigger than a spike walks out I'm shooting it". The son said okay. My buddy's dad looked at him and said, "what if someone at camp asks who shot it?" What will you say?" Boy says, "I shot it". Buddy's dad says, "what if the GW comes to camp and asks?". Without hesitation he points at his dad and says, "he did!". We were dying laughing.

Comment

My son killed a deer with his red rider bb gun at the age of 3. I just had to finish it off.

Comment

Haha.

Comment

On the youth hunts, the game warden or whoever is putting on the hunt, should ask all the youth hunters to shoot/check their firearm to be sure they are still on target.

Comment

I guess every kid is different.... my grandson would never go for me doing the shooting
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	1b - Copy.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	24555393

Click image for larger version

Name:	hog1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	24555394

Comment

Working...