No announcement yet.

deer camp meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burgers, deer sausage and steaks. I hate to admit it, but I just love a good ol' nasty chili dog.

For breakfast, my favorite at the lease in boudin & eggs along with some extra thick cut smoked bacon. Simple, easy to cook and hits the spot every time!

Comment

deer sausage, deer chili, cabbage and bacon

Comment

cabbage and pork belly

Comment

Cabrito, Mollejas, tripas, Barbacoa, ribeyes, sirloin, ribs(beef and baby backs) deer hearts, dove, quail, rattlesnake, cottontail. We cook anything that goes with beer.

Comment

we cook just about anything and everything you would at home. Fried fish for Friday before the opener, pork butts and ribs on Saturday and usually leftovers on Sunday. During the week i usually cook for less people, so tacos, sloppy joes, fried chicken/backstrap, spaghetti, pot roast, gumbo, etc.

Comment

We eat better at the lease than at home!

Comment

My son and I keep it simple: sausage wraps, packaged pull pork, packaged BBQ (shredded) beef, chips, and a package of cookies. If we're tired or busy, we'll get a pizza from the convenience store when we stop to get ice. We were very surprised to find the $10.00 pizza from the convenience store was actually quite tasty, and enough of a meal for the two of us.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Meat, Potatoes, Jalepeno, Eggs, occasional vegetable type substances.

Comment

Anything I want. I always eat better at deer camp than I do at home. Everything just tastes better when it’s grilled over mesquite coals.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
                      What do you cook at deer camp? It seems like its always a struggle to find something to cook at camp.
                      Whatever we cook at home is the same at camp

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        We do crock pot dinners only, start it before sunup. Beagles and coffe or breakfast, sack lunch.And we don't get back to camp until well after 10:00 at night. Still don't get to bed until about midnight. Grilling and stuff we don't get much sleep.

Beagles huh? I've heard terriers are the norm for breakfast...... gonna have to try that

[emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of boudin, gumbo, etouffee, sauce piquante, venison rice and gravy and grilled meats

Comment

Gumbo, stew, soups, steaks, ribs, brisket, sausage, shepard's pie. We eat well.

Comment

see the outdoor griddle thread

Comment

Working...
                              X