Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 4th fireworks - how much did you spend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noting this year but that’s a change for us... too much going on and it fell off the list. We always have a blast shooting them.

Comment

I spent about $280 total. $180 went to the friends’ show at their place. Not my land so They can do what they want. Happy to help them blow stuff up.

Spent $100 for my kiddos, told them we could shoot after it rained. Got a good soaker tonight so we let ‘er rip. Kids had fun, so I did my job as a dad.

Comment

My wife had a friend from high school spent $25,000. This really happened...Supposed the guy went a police auction in Galveston County and was bidding on an old Alamo Fireworks metal building & the land it sat on near the Texas City Outlet Mall (the building was confiscated due the owner selling drug out of it). It was raining so not many people should up. The guy was highest bidder for the metal building and land for $25,000. The guy didn't think there was anything in the building, but he was wrong. It was completely filled with fireworks, so she said he posted on Facebook telling all of his friends and family come and get whatever and how much fireworks they wanted.

Comment

$316 and it was worth every penny, I had a blast, the kids had a blast and I didn’t go to the hospital this year!

Comment

None. I ate food and lit a few fireworks my cousins had. I used to buy them when I was younger but not so much anymore. They're fun to shoot off but there's nothing that spectacular about watching them to me. If you've seen one you've seen them all. I'd rather drop an artillery shell in a bucket during the day and watch it explode than shoot it out of a tube so it can look pretty at night.

Unfortunately I have to be a responsible adult and watch what I spend unlike I did when I was younger. I'd like to spend $1,000+ on artillery shells and whatnot and blow up old work boots and kiddie pools full of water and stuff but I have to be a stupid grown up and be mature about things.
            Last edited by okrattler; 07-06-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

We had a little get together and spent around $800 as a group. The kids had a blast and we got drunk and did too.

Comment

Zero because I wasn't home, usually $500 or so

Comment

My neighbor and I split around $1000 over 2 nights. I love fireworks!

Comment

$0

Comment

I spent zero dollars.

There was no shortage or morons here in Colorado Springs shooting fireworks, which is illegal, and extremely irresponsible in this area.

Like most, I like fireworks, but I like houses and woods better.

Comment

0 and was glad to see none of the neighbor's were dumb enough to buy any either. Way to dry around here.

Comment

I bet the fireworks sales were at an all time low.

Comment

Zero.
                            Rather watch a big show at this age with empty nest.

BP

Comment

$0000 unless you count the cost of cable TV as we just watched the show from DC.

Comment

$110.00

The kids had a blast!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X