4 days in Garza with the whole family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 days in Garza with the whole family

Time for the kids to shoot does and culls, I’m still looking for the giant and my wife is in the blind for her first time. 4 of us in a bow blind. Chance of deer killing is low. Chance of fun and memories being mad is 100 percent. Feeder goes off at five. Here we go.........

Good luck

Comment

Good luck, but you need your feeder going off at 3 or 4 o'clock. More opportunities, especially with this cooler weather. Hope to see some LDP's soon. I am headed down tomorrow for hopefully some cull action.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

You're doing it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Good luck, but you need your feeder going off at 3 or 4 o'clock. More opportunities, especially with this cooler weather. Hope to see some LDP's soon. I am headed down tomorrow for hopefully some cull action.
            I would agree but the truck said 59 degrees when we headed this way. I’m thinking last hour with this moon.

Comment

Feeder just went off. 3 coveys of quail fighting in the hand corn.

Comment

Big, big boar came in. He was almost in the killing spot when he smelled where I walked in with the hand corn. My daughter is bummed right now. A few more steps and she had her first pig. Let’s see what else happens.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Back at it this am. Moon made flashlight not necessary on the walk in. Wind not playing right. We are hunting the ghost this am. Hope he shows.

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Good luck, stay warm!

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates. Morning hunt was cut very short by a 10 year old with cold toes. It was my fault, we were in the stand at 6:30. I was worried about the moon activity and forgot 17 degrees is tough on little people. We are back in the stand now. 4 people in a bow blind is tight. iPad game play makes lots of finger clicks as well. We are making memories though.

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                            Sorry for the lack of updates. Morning hunt was cut very short by a 10 year old with cold toes. It was my fault, we were in the stand at 6:30. I was worried about the moon activity and forgot 17 degrees is tough on little people. We are back in the stand now. 4 people in a bow blind is tight. iPad game play makes lots of finger clicks as well. We are making memories though.
                            Dang Keith it was 29ish in Idalou this morning, never would expected 17 off the cap!

Good luck with this overcast evening

Comment

First buck of the trip here. 3 year old 8 with super upside. My son is wanting me to let my daughter shoot it. He has his own motivations. He knows he gets the crossbow when she is done. He knows where we are headed in the morning has good odds as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X