Deer Park Shelter In Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Park Shelter In Place

Just got a call not to come in today. Shelter in place in Deer Park. Benzene leak. 225 is closed again from beltway 8 to Miller cut off road.

Last edited by hogslayer78; 03-21-2019, 05:01 AM.

Bad deal all the way around. I scoffed each night as I was watching the news as they reported on the fire and every night they would "assure" folks that there was NO health concerns due to the fires. The air quality was not being effected. Come on man, there is no way a chemical fire like that has no negative effects on the air quality and poses health risks. Hope they get everything put out soon. Bad deal....

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
      Bad deal all the way around. I scoffed each night as I was watching the news as they reported on the fire and every night they would "assure" folks that there was NO health concerns due to the fires. The air quality was not being effected. Come on man, there is no way a chemical fire like that has no negative effects on the air quality and poses health risks. Hope they get everything put out soon. Bad deal....

In the same boat. Have been working in the area and constantly asking about benzene. I know them chemicals don’t just burn off like they claim they are

Comment

Who do you trust to let us know the truth about whats really going on out there?

Comment

The news report on 740 was telling people to not eat any falling debris

Comment

I work at San Jacinto college and we are closed.

The news has spoken of what are “acceptable levels of benzene” according to the experts, but I don’t want to breathe that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Odd, we had TBHers spending hours in the hot zone reporting that they felt fine???? What possibly could be wrong with millions of gallons of toxins burning?

Comment

I dont see anything that says it's a benzene leak, did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                  I dont see anything that says it's a benzene leak, did I miss it?

The news stations and press conference are reporting it.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                    The news stations and press conference are reporting it.

All I've seen is a report of (elevated level) found by a burned tank with a mobile monitor, not an active leak.

Comment

Fox News was just reporting that they are calling the National Guard in to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                        All I've seen is a report of (elevated level) found by a burned tank with a mobile monitor, not an active leak.

I dont recall indicating that it was an active leak, just that it is/was present.

Comment

I dont recall indicating that it was an active leak, just that it is/was present.
                          Maybe he got that ftom my original post which was what I was told on the phone when I was called to stay home this morning. The shelter in place is because of unsafe levels of benzene.

Comment

It's basically an active leak since the chemical is not on its primary containment. The foam is acting as barrier and until all the chemicals are cleaned up it will be an active leak. This may go on for awhile.

Comment

Any of yall ever pump your own gas?

Comment

Working...
                              X