Best concert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best concert?

The David Gilmour thread got me to thinkin. What was your favorite concert that you have attended?

Mine - Led Zepplin 1977 in Houston at The Summit. Couldn't get tickets for the Dallas or Ft. Worth shows. The Texxas Jam's were great, but Zepplin was the best single concert.

I saw Merle Haggard and Jamey Johnson in New Orleans right out front of the Super Dome in 2013(?). It was awesome. Merle was a helluva guitar player and showman. Miss that guy.

Comment

The most memorable was my first Slayer show in 86 at Fair Park Colesium. They opened for WASP. LOL. The place was a madhouse, near riot conditions. The entire floor was a huge pit. Metal chairs at an early Slayer show? Bad idea. They had to stop twice due to chairs flying up on stage. The place was 2/3 empty during the headliner.

Hard to beat this current Slayer farewell tour with Lamb of God in support.

the 1978ish ELO show was awesome to a 9 year old. I was mesmerized by the giant spaceship.

Comment

Cedar Rapids Iowa the band was DISPATCH back in 2016. Probably only like 100 people there total, 74 Degree weather no humidity. Best show I have ever seen by far!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          The David Gilmour thread got me to thinkin. What was your favorite concert that you have attended?

Mine - Led Zepplin 1977 in Houston at The Summit. Couldn't get tickets for the Dallas or Ft. Worth shows. The Texxas Jam's were great, but Zepplin was the best single concert.
          I was there also and it was my favorite. if I remember correctly they played for 3hrs.

Comment

Most memorable one for me was George Jones with Ray Charles in a small venue in Tyler. The one I most enjoyed was Cheap Trick with AcDc in Nacogdoches.

Comment

Most memorable and by far best was Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble live @ Austin City Limits on the UT campus....believe it was ‘87-88?? He just shredded the joint!

A very distant 2nd place goes to U2 back in their heyday.

Comment

Jason Boland, 2012 or so. Solo acoustic set at Main Street Crossing in Tomball. He played a Real Life Music radio show. Played and sang 'til the crowd had to go home. It was a Wednesday, I think we left at 12:30 for a show that started at 8:00 p.m. KJ

Comment

It was an all day deal in Milwaukee, WI at the 85th Anniversary party for Harley Davidson. That was 1988, before the yuppies had found Harleys! Waylon, Charlie Daiels Band, BTO, and several others that I forget. I was 19 and that was my first bike trip. What an education that was!

Comment

Saw George Jones and Conway Twitty together at the Rodeo.

When Motley Crue performed Girls, Girls, Girls "their stage help" was eye opening

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                      Most memorable and by far best was Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble live @ Austin City Limits on the UT campus....believe it was ‘87-88?? He just shredded the joint!

Double Trouble played my oldest sisters senior prom.
                      Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                      Saw George Jones and Conway Twitty together at the Rodeo.

When Motley Crue performed Girls, Girls, Girls "their stage help" was eye opening
                      Saw George and Conway here in Dallas at the Longhorn Ballroom.

Comment

Simple for me. Pink Floyd, 1994 San Antonio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

I was fortunate enough to see him just before he died. The Miller Lite Biggest Party in History at Fair Park, Dallas.

Comment

I can't really pinpoint "the best" I ever went to but I will always recall the first big time concert I went to. Outdoor venue - a racetrack in my hometown of Tulsa in either 1974 or 1975. ZZ Top, (their Tres Hombres album had just come out) Leon Russell, JJ Cale, Peter Frampton and Blue Oyster Cult.

Comment

Suicidal Tendencies at a small club in Norfolk VA. Circa 94 I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X