Helicopter Hog Hunt Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helicopter Hog Hunt Question

We have some property and have been approached by a helicopter pilot to see if we would be willing to allow helicopter hog hunts. We asked what does it pay and the response was “you get dead hogs”. I would assume there would be some compensation but maybe that’s not true. I just was wondering if there was anyone here that could give me some insight. Thanks.

From what I have seen, they are going to charge you- to kill your hogs. Flight time, fuel, shooters, ammo, etc.

Comment

They are making a killing charging 1000-1500 an hour. They can pony up some lease cost if that’s what you want.

If you have a bad hog problem you may want to let them fly once or twice on your terms and dates. “Free” eradication of what they see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        They are making a killing charging 1000-1500 an hour. They can pony up some lease cost if that’s what you want.

If you have a bad hog problem you may want to let them fly once or twice on your terms and dates. “Free” eradication of what they see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        X2

Comment

If you have livestock you need to take into the account of how that activity will affect them. Most ranchers with livestock don't want them flying over their land. They run your livestock around and you have the chance of them getting injured or shot.

They will probably shoot hogs for free to you but be making a bundle on those they take to shoot.

If you want to make some money you would be better served advertising and charging for hunts.

Comment

My best friend went a couple weeks ago outside of Waxahachie. He wanted me to come and said it’s only $2500 for 2hrs! There was a boatload of guys going on the trip and they killed 184 hogs in 2 days. So to answer your question, if it were me and I knew they were making that kinda money you bet your a** I’d be charging them to shoot my pigs!! At least a daily fee and they can run as many hunters/flights as they want. You get your $ and they get theirs and you get hog numbers down. For sure negotiable at very least...but I’m sure they try to do it at no cost when asking landowners to up profits.

Comment

Like any negotiations, they want to use your land to make money and the cheaper they get access the more they make.

I've got a buddy I work with who flies for an operation near Greenville and some places hire them to come a couple times a year to eradicate but they won'tfly paying customers for that.

But there is nothing wrong with asking them pay you a lease fee to run customers over your land.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Lots of people out there that will pay to shoot hogs. If I was a landowner and they approached me I would expect to get some compensation. If I had a hog problem and was gonna let someone hunt for free, it would be family and friends.

Comment

We wouldn't give them permission.

Gary

Comment

Depends how bad of a hog problem you have and what they(hog hunters) have potential to destroy or otherwise screw up

If you had 1000 ac of wheat and hogs were destroying it then the heli hunters would possibly be a blessing

Comment

Went on a heli hunt on Sunday in Ennis. Most fun I have ever had. Hooked, hook-line-and sinker.

You get that pilot to give you some scratch. He'll be back. Or you can say you and a buddy are the last flight of the day every time they fly your land

Comment

You charge em and they’ll just go right down the road to the neighbor that lets them shoot for free. They’ve got plenty willing to let them kill for free I doubt they care if you turn them down. I know plenty that let them fly for free, because it’s actually beneficial to them. I don’t really care what anyone does with their own land. Just saying it’s doubtful you’ll get them to fly and make some money off it too.

Comment

I can see you having a bigger problem if you don't. If they shoot every ranch but yours you could have a pig sanctuary.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zcole04 View Post
                            We have some property and have been approached by a helicopter pilot to see if we would be willing to allow helicopter hog hunts. We asked what does it pay and the response was “you get dead hogs”. I would assume there would be some compensation but maybe that’s not true. I just was wondering if there was anyone here that could give me some insight. Thanks.
                            Same here. We wanted to go but they said if we fly and shoot it would be $650/hour. So we are letting them do it with their customers for free.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

It crazy to hear of ranchers and landowners that have these "hog problems" but not willing to let people kill them. I visit the local feed store from time to time and hear about the hog related damage, and ask them if theyd let someone come kill some. More often than not, they always ask what am I willing to pay. Hmmmm, not as much a problem as they thought. Rock on with your hog problems there Hoss!

Comment

Working...
                              X