Bow Blind Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Blind Prototype

I just had a local guy build me a prototype bow blind and wanted to see what type of feedback would be out there on this design. Again, its a prototype only i had built for myself.
    -Bow Friendly
    -5'x5' Square Floor
    -8' Tall ground to floor
    -1 1/4" Sq Steel Tubing and angle iron
    -360 Degree shootability with lowered center of rail on all sides
    -Painted with a rubber coating for durability and quietness
    -Burlap can be hung around all railing
    -Portable with all railing,beams, and ladder removable for ease of relocation
    -Swivel Pedestal and Seat

If these were to be built and sold at retail level....what would be a reasonable price?
    Attached Files

Very cool!

Me personally I would do an octagon shape and have bow shots in the corners as well. Tuck back up in a cedar or wherever and have plenty shooting positions left.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      Very cool!

Me personally I would do an octagon shape and have bow shots in the corners as well. Tuck back up in a cedar or wherever and have plenty shooting positions left.
      i'm guessing manufacturing costs would raise the retail price significantly for that shape.

OP. that is really cool looking.

Comment

I'll be glad to take possession of one of these for a non-biased review. PM me for my address.

Comment

If you haven’t done due diligence to protect your idea you might need to take that down. Then copyright/trademark, buy a booth at an event and gauge interest there. Otherwise it’ll just be copied by a viewer that already has the capabilities to duplicate an unregistered idea.

Comment

Looks Good!!

Comment

Change the seat from a fixed pedestal to one that can swing. That will give a bow hunter a lot more flexibility to shoot angles using the lowered portions while seated.

Comment

A few things:

1) Your cross bracing so close to the ground is problematic for versatility of locating the stand. There are much better engineering designs that give you the stability you are trying to seek with friendlier bracing locations.

2) Pay close attention to your bow cutout height and your seat height for allowing shooters to have the ability to make close to stand shots.

3) Your platform is really wide, unnecessarily IMO which just means it is harder to get into tight spaces (next to, or between, in tucked into a tree). With all that platform... I'd want a roof.

In summary, your design is too much for a tripod and too little for basically what could be a simple elevated, enclosed bow blind.

Comment

I like your design. First of all the bigger platform is great IMO- trying to make a rifle tripod bow-friendly by enclosing it difficult because of the small platform. I don't know what your dimensions are but I would consider making the rails high enough that the hunter's head and shoulders don't stick out the top. That is OK for 150 yard rifle shots but you can get busted at close range.

Comment

I like it. I like the big platform personally, can stretch out some and room to lean a rifle in the corner and not feel cramped

Comment

I like it and would use it. But like others have said I would CYA yourself and get a patent on it before someone else does it for you.

#1 Some things I would add to that I can see at the top of the 4 corners I would add bolting or something I could see where they would make noise while climbing or moving

#2 Not sure what the eye level is from chair setting to top rail. if eye level is above railing or level. I think eye level would be better and not stick out like a sore thumb

#3 Some kind of additional top cover for those good rainy days

#4 maybe an adjustable height chair

Just my .02 but end result I would buy a few of them

Comment

Looks great,

If it were me and I was looking to sell them I would make it to where a Pop-up ground blind could fit on the top of the platform inside the rails.

Just a thought... seems like a lot of folks are building platforms already

Comment

Originally posted by texaspyro21 View Post
                          Change the seat from a fixed pedestal to one that can swing. That will give a bow hunter a lot more flexibility to shoot angles using the lowered portions while seated.
                          Thats a great idea.....was even looking at possibly a bench instead. The boat seat does swivel 360. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick105 View Post
                            I like it and would use it. But like others have said I would CYA yourself and get a patent on it before someone else does it for you.

#1 Some things I would add to that I can see at the top of the 4 corners I would add bolting or something I could see where they would make noise while climbing or moving

#2 Not sure what the eye level is from chair setting to top rail. if eye level is above railing or level. I think eye level would be better and not stick out like a sore thumb

#3 Some kind of additional top cover for those good rainy days

#4 maybe an adjustable height chair

Just my .02 but end result I would buy a few of them
                            Awesome ideas...thank you for the input. It's just a prototype for now but i forsee it becoming a viable design in the future. I thought about maybe a bench instead of a chair or an adjustable height like you had mentioned. Will see how this one works first.

Comment

I like the big platform and the cut outs! nice stand

Comment

Working...
                              X