No announcement yet.

Toyota dealership rant!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the way I understand it bud. Only time mine goes into 4hi on the street is ice and snow.

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Ok now you got my wheels turning. So 4wd hi (my truck) isn’t designed to slip like 4wd auto..........things are brewing inside now. So I really should try at all cost to not activate on concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Toyota dealership rant!!

Originally posted by SAC View Post
      I've goofed and forgot to disengage coming from the lease a few times. 65-70 down 155. Still works fine. But its a Chevy.

I’ve been guilty before also. Didn’t notice till turning. It was a Chevy too- not mine, but it was a Chevy. [emoji16]

Hope I don’t forget in MY new Chevy. Lol

Comment

I worked for Toyota years ago and a customer engaged the 4wd in the lot and that **** thing made a hell of a racket , they told us never to drive in 4x4 on concrete as the wheels couldn't slip and would break something.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
          And another thing to add, you still have to turn off traction control in 4wd high (its not as simple as pushing the button, more to it). I learned the hard way.

But, about to roll 200k on my 15' tundra, been a great truck.

Dang, you got a lot of miles on yours. I got 166K on my ‘15 and I thought that was a lot. Lol
          I do put it in 4WD often to keep things lubed, but always off-road.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
            Dang, you got a lot of miles on yours. I got 166K on my ‘15 and I thought that was a lot. Lol
            I do put it in 4WD often to keep things lubed, but always off-road.

Mine is a ‘19 and I have 17600 already.

Comment

i had a 2015 tundra and was using 4wd hi at the lease, forgot to switch it off and drove 400 miles home at 70 mph pulling a trailer, thought oh sh*t! Switched back to 2wd and never had any issues with it. I did the same with a 2000 Chevrolet 2500 I had before that. But I do not remember if that was in a 4WD lock or 4WD auto mode.

Comment

Fred Haas?

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                  Fred Haas?

Joe Meyers

Comment

That's why I only mess with Ford.

Comment

Like several posters above, I have been guilty of forgetting to turn off 4wd and make long drives at 65 mph.

On several different trucks I've owned. . All have lived a long life with no I'll effects.

Comment

It's the loose nut behind the steering wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          Like several posters above, I have been guilty of forgetting to turn off 4wd and make long drives at 65 mph.

On several different trucks I've owned. . All have lived a long life with no I'll effects.
                          During a heavy snow storm , I drove from big springs tx, to San Antonio in 4 high, most of the time in heavy snow on I 10 it never missed a beat, however 8 months later the power steering pump was toasted
                          On a K1500 suburban

Comment

Driving straight there shouldn't be any extra force on the "system" and shouldn't pull to one side. If turning in 4 hi on dry ground or pavement you may sense it grabbing. Normal, but not suggested to operate that way. For what OP did, shouldn't pull to one side unless it is a hub or similar issue. I would take to a different dealer.

Comment

Lol at this whole thread.

So much bad information.

Edit: So I can be helpful. I would find a better service department.

Comment

So says mr google

Comment

Working...
                                X