No announcement yet.

Doc won the lottery!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a great conversation with the owner of the ranch where the mule hunt will be. They have never had a bowhunter but he did say I could do what I wanted. Likely I will have 3-4 days to get the hunt done. Sounds like typical mature bucks there will be 150-170. The hunt is 30-40 miles east of El Paso. I really think I might do all 4 with the bang stick and relax. I have my new 6.5 prc and it’s shooting well. I’ll sent a text to Robert at APR and told him we needed to name my rifle the “Texas grand slam rifle” and just go with it! I love to hunt and I usually bowhunt. I won an incredible group of hunts and my hosts are rifle guys. I think I will be gracious and just go rifle hunt. Should be fun and I’ll take the tbh crew along.

Comment

I've enjoyed following your hunts for a few years and I'm looking forward to the ones you have coning up!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
        I had a great conversation with the owner of the ranch where the mule hunt will be. They have never had a bowhunter but he did say I could do what I wanted. Likely I will have 3-4 days to get the hunt done. Sounds like typical mature bucks there will be 150-170. The hunt is 30-40 miles east of El Paso. I really think I might do all 4 with the bang stick and relax. I have my new 6.5 prc and it’s shooting well. I’ll sent a text to Robert at APR and told him we needed to name my rifle the “Texas grand slam rifle” and just go with it! I love to hunt and I usually bowhunt. I won an incredible group of hunts and my hosts are rifle guys. I think I will be gracious and just go rifle hunt. Should be fun and I’ll take the tbh crew along.
        Will you hunt deer during the rut?
        I actually look after the neighboring property to the HH for an absentee landowner. Will text ya some pictures from deer we have seen on camera this year. Give you an idea what to expect. Was very dry out here this year, but seeing some nice deer.

Comment

I think the mule deer hunt will be the first week of January. Should be great hunting dates. Again, I’ll be short on days so won’t be overly picky. I would love to see pics. The ranch owner said it was a dry year but the antler growth has been good. Doesn’t matter much to me. I can’t wait to see some new country and I won 4 hunts! That’s a huge hunting bonus for doc!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool that you won't Doc!!! Congrats

Comment

Will you still be hunting the DBH trip you had already planned?

Comment

Huge win congrats and good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                  Will you still be hunting the DBH trip you had already planned?
                  As of now, yes! I have half of that paid and have looked forward to it for years. My wife has wanted to go on that hunt and hang on the beach. On Carmen island I will do all I can to kill one with a bow.

Comment

Huge Congrats!!
                    Looking forward to reading the stories! (as usual)

Comment

Congratz !!!

The winners are out there. One of the guys on the rifle line at Best of the West on Sunday was confirming zero on his rifle. He had just won one of the hunts from the Big Time draw. Based on the energy questions, I believe it was an exotic.

Comment

Congrats Doc, what a great opportunity! Go, have lots of fun, make memories and maybe take us along for the ride! I for one enjoy all of your journeys! Thanks

Comment

As of now, yes! I have half of that paid and have looked forward to it for years. My wife has wanted to go on that hunt and hang on the beach. On Carmen island I will do all I can to kill one with a bow.
                          Is that a big horn sheep hunt too? Only thing cooler than one big horn sheep mount would be two!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                            Is that a big horn sheep hunt too? Only thing cooler than one big horn sheep mount would be two!!!!!
                            Yes, it’s a desert bighorn hunt on Carmen island. I will try my best to do that one with a bow. It’s been on the books for 4 years and I have been making payments. I’m beyond excited about the Texas hunt but I also don’t want to give up my Mexico trip. I know I probably should cancel and go find a rocky hunt but I have been looking forward to it!

Comment

Yes, it’s a desert bighorn hunt on Carmen island. I will try my best to do that one with a bow. It’s been on the books for 4 years and I have been making payments. I’m beyond excited about the Texas hunt but I also don’t want to give up my Mexico trip. I know I probably should cancel and go find a rocky hunt but I have been looking forward to it!
                              At this point don't cancel it. How cool is that you get the opportunity at desert bighorns from two areas!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                                At this point don't cancel it. How cool is that you get the opportunity at desert bighorns from two areas!
                                I agree! I know I am lucky and get to do lots of cool stuff. I won’t cancel it. Heck, I have 15-16 points for sheep in several states. I might draw one before I die!

Comment

Working...
                                X