No announcement yet.

Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a good looking rascal. If he rides and handles that good and has that much cow sense, I almost hate to see him chasing barrels. Good luck with him and hope that he works out.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
      He's a good looking rascal. If he rides and handles that good and has that much cow sense, I almost hate to see him chasing barrels. Good luck with him and hope that he works out.
      Adios,
      Gary
      What was funny the trainer turned him out in a pasture with some calves. The horse would pen the calves up in the corner and cut one off and run it up and down the fence. They said you couldn’t keep him in same pen with cattle because he would work them non stop. He will get his fair share of team penning and ranch sorting with us if he does it naturally. My daughter and son really like those team penning events because it is fast paced.

Comment

Fixing to walk out the door to watch Riley run in the 75th annual Georgetown Rodeo. Sadly it appears this will be the last. I have a lot of fond memories in that old arena. I've won the JR rodeo in both bull riding and bareback riding multiple times and I've won this rodeo once when it was an Open Pro rodeo and once as a PRCA rodeo. Sure would be cool as heck if Riley wins it this weekend!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Fixing to walk out the door to watch Riley run in the 75th annual Georgetown Rodeo. Sadly it appears this will be the last. I have a lot of fond memories in that old arena. I've won the JR rodeo in both bull riding and bareback riding multiple times and I've won this rodeo once when it was an Open Pro rodeo and once as a PRCA rodeo. Sure would be cool as heck if Riley wins it this weekend!!!
          Good luck to Riley

Comment

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

Made a great run and currently sitting 1st with a 15.600. Lot of toughs out tonight!!! I gotta feeling these two are gonna win a bunch and make some noise out there. Wish I knew how to post a video. Maybe Will can for me

Also want to give thanks Jaquee Woolman, multiple NFR qualifier and former Texas PRCA Champion was one of the first to come over to Riley and congratulate her...it's so great see these former legends and champions encourage these kids!!!
              Last edited by BrandonA; 06-21-2018, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I miss the old days of rodeoing.

But on a side not. When my son rode bulls several years ago he got this contraption that rough stock guys used that went into a pipe in the ground and has two heavy springs and you mount a barrel to it then someone would make it move so you could improve your form. Well this thing is at my house and if anyone could use it. It is your. Pm me and I’ll get you some pictures this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                  I miss the old days of rodeoing.

But on a side not. When my son rode bulls several years ago he got this contraption that rough stock guys used that went into a pipe in the ground and has two heavy springs and you mount a barrel to it then someone would make it move so you could improve your form. Well this thing is at my house and if anyone could use it. It is your. Pm me and I’ll get you some pictures this weekend
                  Great jester!!! Spent many hours on one and Gary Leffew and Ted Nuce use something similar at their schools

Comment

Sarah had a rough go yesterday. Lack of practice I am sure is the culprit. She somehow blew her first barrel not even getting to it. No idea what happened. she had a decent pole run and ended up 7th out 18. She did qualify for State but I have told her and her mother if she doesn't practice we don't rodeo. Heck I would be happy if she would just ride her horse around, but right now it is only go to a rodeo, get on, make a run and take the horse home. I really need to get Sarah motivated again.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                      Sarah had a rough go yesterday. Lack of practice I am sure is the culprit. She somehow blew her first barrel not even getting to it. No idea what happened. she had a decent pole run and ended up 7th out 18. She did qualify for State but I have told her and her mother if she doesn't practice we don't rodeo. Heck I would be happy if she would just ride her horse around, but right now it is only go to a rodeo, get on, make a run and take the horse home. I really need to get Sarah motivated again.
                      Sorry to hear about the struggles. Good luck to her whatever she does.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        Will I wouldn't worry to much about it. Yes she needs to practice but you gotta remember she is a kid and a girl at that. They get distracted easy. I know there are days you would think Riley has never entered a rodeo. Always be encouraging positive and keep it fun. Having fun, especially at her level, is more important than winning IMO. If it isnt fun then they will walk away from it.

Comment

Good luck to all. I agree that if Sarah is not dedicated enough to practice, probably doesn't need to be wasting your time and money to go down the road.
                          Heck, I guess that I had forgotten that Georgetown even had a rodeo. I hate to see it closed like so many other small towns.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

Riley made a nice run last night in Goldthwaite despite a stumble at the first. The ground was ****ty and way to deep. So **** tired of these Jr Rodeos . I wish we would just go to the CPRA Rodeos or better yet wish Riley could buy her PRCA Permit

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              Riley made a nice run last night in Goldthwaite despite a stumble at the first. The ground was ****ty and way to deep. So **** tired of these Jr Rodeos . I wish we would just go to the CPRA Rodeos or better yet wish Riley could buy her PRCA Permit
                              Interesting we were at Goldthwaite two weeks ago and the ground was pretty good.

We were at Evant last night and they didn’t even water the arena so it was very dry. Abbey rode Cowboy(one of the new horses) in barrels and poles last night. She opened him up a little more last night still not full speed yet but they ran a 22 second barrel pattern. They looked really good in the poles as well. My son had a disastrous night. He broke the flag pattern and the pole pattern and blew past the 1st barrel. He still is not ready for the speed Buck is wanting to go. Buck is the horse that a Abbey had been riding and winning on. Abbey gave up the horse this weekend to Hunter and said she would work the new horse this weekend. Going back tonight so we will see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                                Interesting we were at Goldthwaite two weeks ago and the ground was pretty good.

We were at Evant last night and they didn’t even water the arena so it was very dry. Abbey rode Cowboy(one of the new horses) in barrels and poles last night. She opened him up a little more last night still not full speed yet but they ran a 22 second barrel pattern. They looked really good in the poles as well. My son had a disastrous night. He broke the flag pattern and the pole pattern and blew past the 1st barrel. He still is not ready for the speed Buck is wanting to go. Buck is the horse that a Abbey had been riding and winning on. Abbey gave up the horse this weekend to Hunter and said she would work the new horse this weekend. Going back tonight so we will see how it goes.
                                They didn’t put enough water on it and drug it to deep. Ground was “sifty” and horses couldn’t grab and hold.

Comment

Working...
                                X