No announcement yet.

Game Cam Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did almost the same thing but to make transport easier I cemented a PVC tube in the bucket about 24" tall. I use 4x4 landscape timber that is about 3.5' tall that slides in and can be removed with the camera and a hog light attached to it

Comment

Great idea on scanning the back !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AF Slayer View Post
        I did almost the same thing but to make transport easier I cemented a PVC tube in the bucket about 24" tall. I use 4x4 landscape timber that is about 3.5' tall that slides in and can be removed with the camera and a hog light attached to it
        Any pics of your setup?

Comment

Very nice setup. I hope you don't have hogs, I made several setups with the 5 gallon bucket and cement but the hogs eventually started to rub on it and knock it over. Especially when the big herds would come in and start fighting for food. Once again, sweet setup bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Tick View Post
            Any pics of your setup?
            I'll take some the next time I'm out there and post them

Comment

I like it! I will build some of these as soon as I get off of this oil rig!

Comment

wow that is awesome. I have 3 of those cams with battery packs and might do the same thing. So did you just hookup the solar panel to one of the batteries or both? I am not electrical savvy so can you detail the way and what you connected to what, in terms of the panel to the batteries?

Because if I remembering correctly, the black cords already attached to the batteries inside take up all the available metal clips on the batteries?
                Last edited by mhbaseball; 02-25-2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Great build

Comment

Nice setup...we need a few more of these.

I may do a build and see how it goes.

I am tired of having buying C cell batteries!

Comment

Originally posted by mhbaseball View Post
                      wow that is awesome. I have 3 of those cams with battery packs and might do the same thing. So did you just hookup the solar panel to one of the batteries or both? I am not electrical savvy so can you detail the way and what you connected to what, in terms of the panel to the batteries?

Because if I remembering correctly, the black cords already attached to the batteries inside take up all the available metal clips on the batteries?
                      Check out the second to last step. I should have taken more pics of this step but I forgot.

Comment

Another thing that works (I did something similar with the same battery packs and same cameras) is to cut the charge cord for the battery pack and splice it to the solar wires. The charger plugs in to the pack on the front so it made it pretty easy.

Now I just need to find a deal on some of the weatherproof enclosures.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                            Another thing that works (I did something similar with the same battery packs and same cameras) is to cut the charge cord for the battery pack and splice it to the solar wires. The charger plugs in to the pack on the front so it made it pretty easy.

Now I just need to find a deal on some of the weatherproof enclosures.
                            Now this is a great idea. I'm going to do this on the next one.

Comment

nice

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Working...
                                X