TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
    All you need are some pink heads and electric chicken jigs and 2 coolers. 1 for beer and 1 for fish!
    Will remember that! Heck, all my crappie stuff is 10+yrs old!

Is there a minimum age for the trip? Pretty sure my 16y/o son will want to go. Wives/girlfriends etc or men only?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

Is there a minimum age for the trip? Pretty sure my 16y/o son will want to go. Wives/girlfriends etc or men only?
      I think Slew said he is bringing his boy. I don't know if he counts though because he can probably out fish most of us!

Comment

I emailed to reserve my spot at Jackson Hill this morning. I'll be there! I should have an extra spot in my boat. PM me if anyone needs a spot in a boat!

Comment

If I'm off a buddy a me will probably come fish a day and hang for a bit.

Comment

At least you own some. I'm gonna wait until Slew passes out on Friday night then raid his tackle boxes!! That dude has more crappie jigs than Cabelas, Bass Pro, and Academy combined.

Comment

I'm bringing my 16 y/o son. Split tail is always allowed, but they better be prepared for some men to unwind with no filter.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                I am penciling myself in for this but I have a couple of questions. From where the cabins are is there good stabbing within paddle distance on a kayak? And if no, then would there be a seat available on a motorized boat I could occupy?

This is gonna be fun!!!
                Yes you can get there by Kayak as long as the wind isn't to bad and you don't mind the boat wakes.

As far as an extra spot I'm sure there will be its not bass fishing just jigging for crappie so you can fish several people out of 1 boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

Get this thread back on track!! Dang ditch pickle derailment on a slab thread!!![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Looks like my bait bucket!! Save me some of your shortys. They make good pickle bait....

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I am penciling myself in for this but I have a couple of questions. From where the cabins are is there good stabbing within paddle distance on a kayak? And if no, then would there be a seat available on a motorized boat I could occupy?

This is gonna be fun!!!
                      Should be some good fishing easily within kayak distance. Good thing about the camp being on the south shore is you'll be protected from the prevailing SE summer winds. Worst case scenario... bring a rope. I'll tow you behind my Skeeter!!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                          Should be some good fishing easily within kayak distance. Good thing about the camp being on the south shore is you'll be protected from the prevailing SE summer winds. Worst case scenario... bring a rope. I'll tow you behind my Skeeter!!
                          It will be just like tubing if the fishing is a bust!! I'm starting to think this is a must do trip!!

Comment

It will be just like tubing if the fishing is a bust!! I'm starting to think this is a must do trip!!

Absolutely!! Bring a rattle trap and you can troll for whites while you tube!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              I have a 15' with a 15hp and am game to join if you want to stick in the same waters
                              Hey I'll stick with y'all 2. 14ft with a 25hp here. I've got some protected areas

Comment

I just reserved one of the cabins. Hurry up June.

Comment

Working...
                                X