TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Is going to be at Lake Sam Rayburn the weekend of June 1st through 3rd! I got a cabin rented at Jackson Hill Marina 936-872-9266 for Friday and Sat night! Cabin I booked has a full size fridge and stove to cook beans or what not! Figure we can have a fish fry Sat night. They have 10 small fishermans cabins with 2 beds each for $80 a night 2 night minimum. There's also RV spots for $30 a night and tent spots for $15. This all includes boat launch passes and they have a fish cleaning station. The thriving metropolis of Broadus is about 5 minutes away so you can run there for anything you forget! There's great crappie fishing right out from the marina in the Angelina river arm I believe it is? Not far away is the 147 bridge and several other coves. There's brush all over the lake, timber, bridge columns, nearly any way you want to catch crappie is there. My favorite part of the lake is the sheer numbers of crappie you can catch there! My first trip there was with BTLowry and we probably caught 200-300 fish in 2 days never having seen the lake before. Used that info with what we found the next trip and probabably caught 500 fish in 2 days! I'm pretty confident we can get everybody on some slabs this weekend unless the weather blows us out. In that case there's always drinking beer. I feel I'm pretty good at both!! Looks like there's a $40 non refundable deposit for the cabins so if your like SKLOSS you can book a tent spot! I don't think they charge a deposit for this!

It will be fun to meet some new folks and pile up the slabs!!

Slew
    I'm putting this on the calendar!!

Comment

We had a TBH crappie trip to Hugo a couple times, big fun! My daughter still talks about it.

Comment

All I have is an old 15' jon boat with a 25 Mariner and havent caught crappie in years but man I would love to get into em

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          All I have is an old 15' jon boat with a 25 Mariner and havent caught crappie in years but man I would love to get into em
          All you need are some pink heads and electric chicken jigs and 2 coolers. 1 for beer and 1 for fish!

Comment

I have a big 3 basket 9 gallon Cajun fryer that I'll bring for the fish fry. We'll put together a supply list when we get closer and have a better feel for how many will be joining the 1st Annual Rayburn Crappienanzapaloozabeerfest

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
              Sweet, holler at me if so, I have money for gas, Dr pepper, and hand tied jigs for all.

I'll ask my tournament partner if I can pull him away from our usual lakes chasing ditch pickles for the weekend.
              Will do.

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  I have a 15' with a 15hp and am game to join if you want to stick in the same waters

Comment

Get this thread back on track!! Dang ditch pickle derailment on a slab thread!!![emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

June sure seems like a long time off

I'm ready

Comment

I'm in

Comment

For the people with campers, the last time I drove through there the gray water dumping station was closed. If it even matters.

Comment

I am penciling myself in for this but I have a couple of questions. From where the cabins are is there good stabbing within paddle distance on a kayak? And if no, then would there be a seat available on a motorized boat I could occupy?

This is gonna be fun!!!

Comment

Join Jackson Hill Park and Marina for an exciting journey and create unforgettable memories!!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                                I have a 15' with a 15hp and am game to join if you want to stick in the same waters
                                Sounds good to me. My fish finder died quite a while ago, but will get another before then. Still not 100% a go, but will try to make it.

Comment

Working...
                                X