Talk to me about 10 gauge shotguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk to me about 10 gauge shotguns

I have a gorgeous 1950's AYA (Spanish made) 10ga SxS that I'm in love with, to take goose/crane hunting on occasion.

I see a box of steel shot is $40 for these hosses.

Please educate me on reloading for 10 gauge and if any of you are into and enjoy shooting this old gauge!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Used to see these for sale back in the 60's at Kmart. Brother in Law had one Kicked like a mule as mentioned Shells are costly

Comment

I bought 10 gauge Winchester Drylock BBB's last year at Academy for $25 a box.

Don't know if I would shoot steel through a gun that old, but lead on cranes out of it would be about as good as you can get.

Comment

I don't own a 10 gauge but I do have a reloader that's just gathering dust, I have two of them but only one of them has my 12 gauge dies on it. If you can locate a set of 10 gauge dies for a MEC 600 Jr single stage reloader you can borrow mine and load to your hearts content.

Let me know.

Richard

Comment

I have an old 10 sxs with two triggers. I wouldn’t shoot steel out of it. I did pull both triggers at the same time once just to see how bad it would be...it was pretty much exactly like you would think!

Comment

What kind of shells are you paying that much for. I've never paid more than $25 a box for steel. Usually can find them for around 20 or less.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X