Wife fell.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife fell.....

My wife and her high school girlfriends were having a "girls weekend" enjoying a few beverages and pool time.... At the end of the night my wife decided to miss the last step on a staircase and rolled her ankle. I get the call around midnight that they are headed home due to her fall. They got home around 130. Her left ankle is swollen, bruised and very painful!! She spent most of the day in bed yesterday keeping it iced and pumping anti-inflammatory meds. We decided to wait and go see our PCP due to a $950 ER deductible (thank you Obamacare). PCP sent her for x-rays ($74,37 cash pay) this morning and it looks like a ligament tore of a piece of her ankle bone. Now waiting to hear back about an MRI then Ortho appointment.

She just started full time last Wednesday after working part time since January. Our concern, outside of her health, is that she will not be able to go back to work in a timely manner. As a physical therapy assistant she is constantly on her feet. Lifting, moving, assisting patients...

An extra prayer would be very helpful!!

Prayers up for your wife. Hugs to you both

Comment

Pics

Send me pics and I’ll give you my opinion

Comment

Hope she gets better soon.
        Happened to me Christmas in 2016. I jumped off a fence, landed on a rock and rolled my ankle. My ankle and the top of the foot were very bruised and swollen for a couple weeks. I never went to the doctor but probably should have. I had pain in that ankle for over a year but it did get better eventually.

Comment

Ouch! Prayer sent.

Comment

Prayers for a speedy recovery

Comment

Sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Avulsion fracture likely won't require surgery. 4 to 6 weeks in a boot. RICE rest, ice, compression elevation.
                Hopefully she will heal fast and get back quickly. Sorry for her misfortune.

Comment

I rolled my ankle pretty bad and tore some ligaments, ended up getting a plate put into my ankle. Missed 3 months of work. Prayers up and a speedy recovery.

Comment

Prayers for a quick recovery.

Comment

Prayers for quick healing to your wife. I feel her pain, as I have had issues with my right ankle. I have had to cut boots off my foot twice due to swelling after rolling my ankle.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                        Avulsion fracture likely won't require surgery. 4 to 6 weeks in a boot. RICE rest, ice, compression elevation.
                        Hopefully she will heal fast and get back quickly. Sorry for her misfortune.
                        Only thing we have been told so far is... avulsion fracture of the lateral malleous... assuming she will be sent for MRI. Then ortho for a plan...

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                              Only thing we have been told so far is... avulsion fracture of the lateral malleous... assuming she will be sent for MRI. Then ortho for a plan...
                              I'd let the ortho Dr make the call on the MRI most likely they will be able to tell if necessary by xrays.

Comment

Working...
                              X