TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Sam Rayburn Crappie weekend!

Is going to be at Lake Sam Rayburn the weekend of June 1st through 3rd! I got a cabin rented at Jackson Hill Marina 936-872-9266 for Friday and Sat night! Cabin I booked has a full size fridge and stove to cook beans or what not! Figure we can have a fish fry Sat night. They have 10 small fishermans cabins with 2 beds each for $80 a night 2 night minimum. There's also RV spots for $30 a night and tent spots for $15. This all includes boat launch passes and they have a fish cleaning station. The thriving metropolis of Broadus is about 5 minutes away so you can run there for anything you forget! There's great crappie fishing right out from the marina in the Angelina river arm I believe it is? Not far away is the 147 bridge and several other coves. There's brush all over the lake, timber, bridge columns, nearly any way you want to catch crappie is there. My favorite part of the lake is the sheer numbers of crappie you can catch there! My first trip there was with BTLowry and we probably caught 200-300 fish in 2 days never having seen the lake before. Used that info with what we found the next trip and probabably caught 500 fish in 2 days! I'm pretty confident we can get everybody on some slabs this weekend unless the weather blows us out. In that case there's always drinking beer. I feel I'm pretty good at both!! Looks like there's a $40 non refundable deposit for the cabins so if your like SKLOSS you can book a tent spot! I don't think they charge a deposit for this!

It will be fun to meet some new folks and pile up the slabs!!

Slew

These were all Rayburn fish. Only picture I still have from there. But they look like every other picture of a cooler of crappie!!

Should be a slab beatdown!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a good time

Comment

I love catching crappie on a fly fishing rod! It is an awesome fight LOL

Comment

I'm in if I can fish on Slews boat

Comment

This sounds enticing...

I've never fished this lake, so if you boys could be of help I may be in!

Comment

Will my 15' Jon boat be safe to take out to the spots yall are going to fish? Do I have to wear Crocs?

Comment

^^^^ Same here, very interested. I just have no experience on the Lake. I could probably host another fisherman on my boat too!

Comment

Sounds like a good time. I'm in.

Comment

Can I come

Comment

My mom lives in Broadus.
                      Gonna try and make it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Will my 15' Jon boat be safe to take out to the spots yall are going to fish? Do I have to wear Crocs?
                        Yes unless it's windy, I've seen some big azz waves there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Is this an invite thread or you already have guys booked up?

Comment

They don't acknowledge me . I think it's invite-only. Usual

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                              Is this an invite thread or you already have guys booked up?
                              Anyone can go, just call and book a spot. BYOB&B(beer &boat)

Comment

Working...
                              X