What makes one ground blind worth 6X more than another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes one ground blind worth 6X more than another

I don't know anything about ground blinds, but I want to use one this year on a new place so I can be more mobile.

$300 shipped gets me https://huntxenek.com/product/xenek-...with-backpack/

$50 gets me https://www.cabelas.com/product/REDH...EL/3409277.uts

What makes one ground blind worth 6X more than another?

Marketing

In those 2 examples there is a huge difference in size and material

Comment

must be a nice backpack with the Xenek

Comment

I bought one a few years ago from BPS that was probably on par with the Cabelas one... Lasted full time in the pasture till just the other day when I just wanted it out of the way...was faded but no holes.

Comment

The $50.00 blind is much smaller and very low quality.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            The $50.00 blind is much smaller and very low quality.
            Yup I had one of the cheaper small ones and barely had room to draw back so I sold it and bought a better one

Comment

The way the windows are on the Xenek is what I feel makes it worth the price. You can make your own shooting window based on how low or high you sit in your chair.

Comment

Cause hunters are the most gullible people in the world.

Comment

Material. The cheap ones won't last till the water gets hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Cause hunters are the most gullible people in the world.
                    Fishermen are on par with them.

Comment

Material/components, size, user friendliness, longevity, color retention.....and warranty

There is no gullibility factor if you put your hands on a Double Bull or Rhino compared to a chicken**** low end polyester blind

Comment

There are quite a few differences between the two blinds. Before I list a few things - out of transparency - please note I'm one of the owners of XENEK.

The Cabelas blind you listed is a spring steel blind. These are fairly light weight and pop up in seconds. They're also very affordable. Downsides would include the lack of durability, limited shooting windows, and smaller size.

XENEK's Apex Blind is going to be on the other end of the spectrum. It is a hub-style blind, which naturally gives you more room and increased durability. XENEK's blind also has much heavier material (600d vs 150d polyester) and a patented window adjustment system that gives a hunter better shooting opportunities. The blind also comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame.

If you plan on hunting out of a blind on occasion, or simply want to have a blind in your toolbox for the "just in case" type of deal, then you might be better off with the cheaper and less durable spring steel blind from Cabelas. However, if you spend a considerable amount of time in a blind, you'd probably be a good candidate for XENEK's Apex blind.

Happy to answer any questions you or anyone else has.

Good luck out there!

Comment

Just go set on the ground and hunt. I have had deer come with in arms length setting on a fallen log.

Comment

One is a Cadillac one is a Yugo. Both will get it done but 1 will last longer and you will be much more comfortable

Comment

all it does is block most of the weather and conceal the hunter. If you don't leave it out all year in the elements, the cheapy should last a long time. I've had several types.

Comment

Working...
                              X