Tuna trip time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    Duck. Some of the guys eat them. I’ve probably eaten enough of them but will keep a little 10# er. All fish in the gulf carry what you are worried about. Sow snapper are about the worst
    I'm not really worried about it they just stink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure wish I wasn’t so prone to motion sickness. I absolutely love to saltwater fish and it very much limits what I am willing to try.

I remember getting stuck on a snapper boat out of Port Isabel with my grandparents every summer, sea sick all **** day every single year.

Comment

Super jealous of this trip every year! Least I know ATW will take awesome pics!

Comment

What poundage flouro leaders do you recommend? I've heard tuna can be line shy.

Comment

Whip - I carry 50# 65# and 80#.

Comment

A lot of big fish there

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
                I sure wish I wasn’t so prone to motion sickness. I absolutely love to saltwater fish and it very much limits what I am willing to try.

I remember getting stuck on a snapper boat out of Port Isabel with my grandparents every summer, sea sick all **** day every single year.
                I feel your pain, I get bad sick on the way out! It goes away once we get fishing though. Every trip on the way out I'm ready to sell my stuff and never get back on a big boat. Then we stop and the fun starts!!!!

Comment

Getting closer! Rods are coming and reels are getting line spooled on them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                    Getting closer! Rods are coming and reels are getting line spooled on them!

Heck yeah!
                    I’m getting another reel maybe 2 and another rod before we roll.
                    I can’t wait

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                      Heck yeah!
                      I’m getting another reel maybe 2 and another rod before we roll.
                      I can’t wait

You gotta kill some deer first!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                        You gotta kill some deer first!

That’s no joke!!

Comment

-Jak fluorocarbon leaders
                          -Frenzy Flying Fish, glow and pink
                          -Diamond glow jigs
                          -Popping Lures
                          -6/0 Demon offset circle hooks

Comment

I need to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We slayed them at Perdido. I quit fishing on my third night. I need to take some more lures next hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                So you give a big long speech and then end it by saying you can't make it?

Seriously if anyone loves fishing this is THE trip. There are only a couple trips I'd pay for and that's this one and an overnight shark trip down PINS with Oz

What's great about this trip is one can fish at any level. Get as dirty as you want. Reel in as many fish as you want. Relax as much as you want. Eat as much as you want. And for sure BS as much as you want.
                                And possibly puke as much as you want (been there)!!!!!!! Sounds like a great tuna run and a yellow fin tuna is some of the best eating there is.

Comment

Working...
                                X