best camera for $2500.00

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best camera for $2500.00

I'm leaning towards a Sony but the Cannons look good to....... any opinions?

Easy choice really -- CANON GL2.
    User friendly, good in low light, durable, tons of after market accessories,stable & proven. Spend the extra money on a good wireless system or tripod or shotgun mic or CamKote camo rain cover.

Comment

The canon gl2 is a nice camera but, I think that the Sony VX2100 is a better choice for hunting situations. The Sony has 1/3ccd's while the Canon has 1/4ccd's. Other than that, they are both great cameras. I should also add that I am a Canon fan. I own 3 of there camera's now. I just think the Sony is the better choice in that price range.

Comment

Jack Brittingham films most of his hunts with this camcorder...

Sony A1U

And it costs considerably less than $2500.

Comment

Marty, I would get a Sony, the CCD.s are bigger which means better quality AND they are also better in low light conditions, right now I'm saving my money for a Sony HDR-FX7, it has all the sony goodies and 20x carl zeiss glass!! The only thing with the FX7 is that is is very new on the market and uses brand new technolgy using cmos chips instead of ccd based chips....High definition 1080i digital, top notch!!!

Comment

Sika that looks like a great camera..... I found them priced from $2000.00 down to below $900.00. Is this some ki9nd of trick?

Comment

Marty, be careful buying online, if you do chose to buy online make SURE its a reputable dealer.....I have heard more than one story about online offers on highend cameras not being all its cracked up to be.......Alot of price difference is based on what will come with the camera, hard case ,filters cleaning supplies and so forth....what is the optical zoom on the A1u.........

Marty, we drove down your road to get around the mudd this weekend, WOW!! thats thick stuff over there by your new set-up bro!!! Mike was in the truck with me when we past it.. both agreed you ought to whack a big one over there..

Comment

where would you suggest I buy it from?

Comment

Alot of people on TBH use B&H camera based in New York...Bad thing is their prices are way up there!!!

Find you a online dealer and check them out really good, call them ask all your questions, check there online ratings from buyers, make sure it it covered by a US warrenty, factory seasled new in the box, ask what comes with it, how much shipping and every other question you can think of, really cover all the bases, !!THEN pay for it with a credit card that has consumer protection, that way if the sale does not go as planned your card company will back you up..

Comment

thanks

Comment

Buff I see you are from Hallsville, do you ever shoot at East Texas Archery's 3-D and or weekly scramble? I ain't too far from you as a crow flies. Oh, and if you get that camera I would like to see it...

Marty

Comment

So the Sony HVR-A1U records on a tape?

Comment

Know nothing about those high end camera but can give a big thumbs up to B&H for great knowledge, customer service and fast shipping. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

Comment

Ok guys......I cannot afford the Canon GL2 or the Sony HDR-SR1.....any recommendations on a camcorder under $500.00? This is not a profession for me, but I do want a camcorder that does well in low light and has the performance to produce videos for my hunting outtings.

Comment

Cheapy but nice.....Canon ZR700

Comment

Working...
                              X