Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
    Just got email confirmation - Larue OBR in the mail.
    Those are sweet!

Any specs? Any adders or changes?
    Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
    l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
    ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

16" barrel
      Magpul PRS Stock
      Magpul Grip
      Im putting a AAC MITER Blackout Mount on it so I can use my SCAR-H SD once it gets in.

Comment

Just got email confirmation - Larue OBR in the mail.
        Awesome! I'm still up in the air on who's system to get, can't decide if I want Larue, LMT, or Noveske. Either way I'm going 16".

Is there a list for 762 guns?

Hopefully my b&c stock will be in soon for my 308 build.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
          I found a code for Magpul thru G&R Tactics, but it was expired.

LaRue's goody package makes it worth orderin strait from them.
          I like LaRue's care package stuff but I saved over $50 on my LT-104 by getting it on ARFcom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I like LaRue's care package stuff but I saved over $50 on my LT-104 by getting it on ARFcom.
            That's about what you get in all that free stuff!

Have any of you seen any reviews on the LMT 308 gun? Oh krap, who am I kidding, I'll wait for someone to shoot 100 rounds down there OBR and buy it off Arfcom for about 2500 instead. But, I do really like that LMT gun. Big plus the OBR has though is the gas port valve hootus (thanks Joey) for shooting suppressed. I'm going with a Trijicon Acog for the OBR gun.

Waiting on a box any day from Trijicon, my bolt just showed up from getting the firing pin replaced and cerakoting!

Any of yall know some place where I can get my barrel threaded and cerakoted on the cheap but high quality? Everywhere I've called has quoted me 300+. I'm going to cerakote my barrel, scope base, bolt, and rings tan, then leave my action, bottom metal and dm's black, on a tan with black web stock.

Comment

UMC vs FED

Has anybody noticed a difference betwixt UMC and FED?

I have several mags full of both at 55 grns and wanted to know if they hit different.
              Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
                That's about what you get in all that free stuff!

Have any of you seen any reviews on the LMT 308 gun? Oh krap, who am I kidding, I'll wait for someone to shoot 100 rounds down there OBR and buy it off Arfcom for about 2500 instead. But, I do really like that LMT gun. Big plus the OBR has though is the gas port valve hootus (thanks Joey) for shooting suppressed. I'm going with a Trijicon Acog for the OBR gun.

Waiting on a box any day from Trijicon, my bolt just showed up from getting the firing pin replaced and cerakoting!

Any of yall know some place where I can get my barrel threaded and cerakoted on the cheap but high quality? Everywhere I've called has quoted me 300+. I'm going to cerakote my barrel, scope base, bolt, and rings tan, then leave my action, bottom metal and dm's black, on a tan with black web stock.
                I agree but really how many Dillos, hats, stickers, and dillo dust do ya need?

Can't help ya on the Cerakote but my smith only charged me $100 to cut down and thread my barrel and install my Mickulek comp and clock it perfectly so no crush washer was necessary.

What'cha got coming from Trijicon?

Oh, and I'll have to stick with my lowly DPMS .308. After all it will only shoot 4 shot groups of .213" off a bipod with a mediocre shooter behind it.
                Last edited by Mike D; 05-08-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

you guys are slipping
                  all noveske',
                  6.8 on the left. "0" magpul on that one

Comment

I agree but really how many Dillos, hats, stickers, and dillo dust do ya need?

Can't help ya on the Cerakote but my smith only charged me $100 to cut down and thread my barrel and install my Mickulek comp and clock it perfectly so no crush washer was necessary.

What'cha got coming from Trijicon?

Oh, and I'll have to stick with my lowly DPMS .308. After all it will only shoot 4 shot groups of .213" off a bipod with a mediocre shooter behind it.
                    I hear ya on the swag. BTW their new UDE freebie hats are nice.

I have two accupoints coming, a 3-9 for my 6.8 and a 5-20 for my TC 338 Win, both mil dot with green dots.

Spikes is going ahead with their SR25 308 build. Looks like I'm going to hold off on the OBR. It will be about a year or so though. Which is good, this 6.8 and my two bolt guns with cans is enough for this year! I over did it slightly! I will mid summer probably pull the trigger on a custom 10/22. Been talking to a guy in upstate New York.

Joey,

Both shoot about the same. Out of all my ammo I use those two the most!

Billy,

I love the krap out of your Noveske posse! If I do a 223 SBR, I'm going with a Noveske! Beautiful!

How do you like that AFG?

DPMS makes a good product no doubt!

Comment

I havent decided on the AFG. its a definite love/hate thingy... its not for everyone...

Im thru with long barrels, my next anything will be either a 10.5" or a 12", 5.56 w/supressor, Im open on suggestions on lengths...

Comment

Go with the 12 Billy, just don't forget the PRI fat boy gas tube!

I don't understand the AFG, don't you want something to push against not pull towards your shoulder, pushing your gun with your off hand, like you are trying to pull it apart in different directions, decreases muzzle climb.

Comment

Go with the 12 Billy, just don't forget the PRI fat boy gas tube!

I don't understand the AFG, don't you want something to push against not pull towards your shoulder, pushing your gun with your off hand, like you are trying to pull it apart in different directions, decreases muzzle climb.
                          No, you pull toward your sholder with you off hand. I have a couple AFG grips and will send you one if you want to try it, just through it back in the mail when you decide if you like it or not. I like short verticle grips more than the AFG but my grip is the same on either. My thumb is on top of the weapon facing the target, fingers on the grip, while pulling the weapon back into my shoulder. Square your shooting stance and try it, you might be surprised at how fast you can get off some shots.

Got the OBR setup this weekend but my pregnant wife did not feel good so I didn't go to the range. Ill try to snap some pictures tonight and post them up.

Larue OBR
                          Magpul PRS Stock
                          Trijicon TR23-2G (5-20x50) scope
                          Magpul Grip
                          AAC Miter Mount Blackout

Comment

Interesting. I would have thought otherwise. I may try one on my 6.8.

Can't wait to see your OBR!

No, you pull toward your sholder with you off hand. I have a couple AFG grips and will send you one if you want to try it, just through it back in the mail when you decide if you like it or not. I like short verticle grips more than the AFG but my grip is the same on either. My thumb is on top of the weapon facing the target, fingers on the grip, while pulling the weapon back into my shoulder. Square your shooting stance and try it, you might be surprised at how fast you can get off some shots.

Got the OBR setup this weekend but my pregnant wife did not feel good so I didn't go to the range. Ill try to snap some pictures tonight and post them up.

Larue OBR
                            Magpul PRS Stock
                            Trijicon TR23-2G (5-20x50) scope
                            Magpul Grip
                            AAC Miter Mount Blackout

Comment

Interesting. I would have thought otherwise. I may try one on my 6.8.

Can't wait to see your OBR!
                              Dang Travis, as big of a Chris Costa fanboy as you are I thought you would have known that.

Look around, that is his shooting style and hence the reason behind the design of the AFG.

Comment

Dang Travis, as big of a Chris Costa fanboy as you are I thought you would have known that.

Look around, that is his shooting style and hence the reason behind the design of the AFG.
                                you think Travis is running around lifting his shirt up yet

Comment

Working...
                                X