Well I was excited..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I was excited..

Had my first good continous groups at 10 yards since I started working with a recurve. Was excited and showing my wife, then she showed the phone back to me with the squirrel shot at 40 yds. Short-lived win:P
    Attached Files

I've had so many weeks of great groups, FSC wins and confidence building practice sessions. Then the wheels come off. Or at least wobble hard.
    Don't sweat it when things get a bit off. Step back in. Focus on your form and the basics. You'll get back to the place you were and move forward.
    Never give up.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't mind RickBarbee, he's a bit of a show off.
      Just kidding, my jealousy is pretty obvious. He's a pretty impressive shot.
      Just keep having fun. I'd much rather shoot one at ten than 40 anyway!!

Comment

I’ll have a day where im stacking arrows on top of another at 15 yards, then cant hit the entire target the next day.
        Guess thats why they call it “the suck”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lookin good Hooverfb.
          Keep at it. You'll get there.

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          Don't mind RickBarbee, he's a bit of a show off.
          Just kidding, my jealousy is pretty obvious. He's a pretty impressive shot.
          Just keep having fun. I'd much rather shoot one at ten than 40 anyway!!
          I owe it all to my old Gamps, and his worn out old pocket knife.
          With that knife in my pocket I'm golden.
          Without it I can't even walk straight, much less shoot straight.

Rick

Comment

You ought to be excited! We all started somewhere before we got to where we are now... which at any given time could be better or worse than when we got started

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Just keep working at it. You are at a place all of us have been!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                Lookin good Hooverfb.
                Keep at it. You'll get there.

I owe it all to my old Gamps, and his worn out old pocket knife.
                With that knife in my pocket I'm golden.
                Without it I can't even walk straight, much less shoot straight.

Rick
                Post pics of the knife!!

Comment

You should be excited, that's a good start. It's easy to try to compare your shooting with others, but Rick is a very good shot (as well as a few others here) so don't get discouraged.

Comment

Yup still pretty happy about it. Just poking a bit of fun at myself . Established my anchors alot more consistently this time and started to work on focusing on the spot I want to hit versus just looking at the target area. Just gotta keep getting out to the range and having fun.

Comment

I shot a pigeon out of the top of a tree at 62 yds with a long bow. ONCE.

Thrive to hit squirrels in the head at 40 yds. But never expect to do it consistently.

As good as Rick is I suspect he danced a little jig when he did it.

Comment

Working...
                      X