Best bow for 4 & 5 yr olds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bow for 4 & 5 yr olds

Wanting to get my son's both a nice trad bow but wondering what the best choice is. They have been shooting the cheap stuff from academy for a while but it's time to get them something special. Thanks for any adivce!

I picked up a couple of these used for my grand kids and they are fine shooters.

also look at Maddog archery.
    The pup is a nice bow.

The Black Rhino is always a good choice because they will let you return the bow as the child grows and upgrade.
    Last edited by Lost Arra; 12-21-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Let's dont forget about Sarrels bows, Bob and Zack make great ones for all ages!!!

Comment

Sounds good, let me check these out.

Comment

Check out Winterhawk Archery. I just won a bow for my 4yr. old grandaughter and it is a nice little longbow.

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
            Let's dont forget about Sarrels bows, Bob and Zack make great ones for all ages!!!
            +1 but I've decided my grand kids don't get a Sarrels until I get a Sierra

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Arra View Post
              +1 but I've decided my grand kids don't get a Sarrels until I get a Sierra
              lol!

Comment

Dryad makes a great lil bow..... Called the "Sprite". Made right there in TX! Mike, Coni, Jason and the gang are top notch folks!

Comment

Here's what I plan to do for my grandkids someday - I will build a bow for them to use at that age. Something they can keep as a keepsake from their granddad.

A 4-5 year old is going to outgrow any bow in less than 2 years. Not only that, they really aren't going to shoot it that much. So a decent home-made self bow (google red oak board bow) will not only do the job nicely, but will be something they can always look back on and say their granddad made for them.

Comment

Search TBH for some if the bows made from PVC pipe. When finished and stained it looks like wood.

Check 3 Rivers Archery for their low poundage child's bows.

Comment

Roland Jenkins in Huntsville makes some really nice longbows for kids. He made my son one 2 years ago and he's still shooting it. I have a recurve he made for me that's a good shooter and looker. If you need his info text me 281 seven two three 1249

Comment

Sarrels Boys will take care of you. And 7 Lakes out of NC always has a ton of great youth bows in stock.

Comment

48" AMO Length Brace Height: 6"- 6 ½" Crafted of Purple Heart, White Ash, and White Oak, with Clear Fiberglass Specify RH or LH Available Weights: 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 lbs at 24" draw length 

I bought my 4 yr old daughter one for Christmas. It is a sweet little bow and cheap.

Comment

I am planning on getting my daughter one from Jerbowden bows, the bowyer Denny is a friend of mine, and has good prices on kids bows. The other place that I would look at is St Joe River bows, the have a trade in plan for kids bow, and they would "buy" or give credit for a newer bow for any good condition bow, http://www.stjoeriverbows.com/outgro...ow-program.htm.

Comment

Working...
                            X