Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by glen1978 View Post
    My rig is on its last hole....got the word this morning. Drilling up in Henderson. Nabors M33 to the grass.

Sorry to hear it's stacking. I know that rig, my buddy Jerod was the ops geo for that rig! It was an Anadarko rig last I checked .

Comment

Energy companies and emerging market oil producers may have to endure five years of pain before oil prices recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
        I'm in production. My job has not changed one bit...hammer down.

You haven't been in it long enough to see the downturns apparently judging by multiple comments in this thread. No one is safe, it will hit you guys too just takes longer then the drilling side to see the affects

Comment

BHP Billiton just announced they are stacking 40% of their US rigs this year. Cutting back mainly in the Permian.
          Last edited by cosmiccowboy; 01-21-2015, 08:26 AM.

Comment

With all these rigs stacking, prices will go back up sooner than later. I know wells in the eagle ford deplete fairly quickly and after that, the amount of wells ready for production will be less than what we had a few months ago. That'll cut the supply and hopefully the low prices and the already confirmed increased purchases of trucks and suv's will help with the demand and we'll be right back in the saddle again.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              With all these rigs stacking, prices will go back up sooner than later. I know wells in the eagle ford deplete fairly quickly and after that, the amount of wells ready for production will be less than what we had a few months ago. That'll cut the supply and hopefully the low prices and the already confirmed increased purchases of trucks and suv's will help with the demand and we'll be right back in the saddle again.
              The Canadian's just had a surprise 1/4 point rate cut. They wouldn't do that if they thought prices would rebound soon.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                I gotta agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  Start this thread again in about 30 years....for now, its all good and going nowhere.
                  I understand that, and I wasn't trying to be objective....but theres a HUGE difference between then and now....technology, technolgy, technolgy. We have a very good understanding on where it is and have it down to a science on how to get it....and that only improves daily. We have rigs "SIGNED" on guaranteed contracts and new builds scheduled out for many many years. Speculation will never let the crash happen again....when it does turn it will be a slowing down and not a hault.

That was then.....
                  Rig Contracts dont go out the window!! Those are iron clad guaranteed deals.....at $24-$28K per day for 24-48 months
                  I wonder where ole RLB is? Havent heard from him in a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post

Lol probably looking for a job. I guess the oil companies found a cutting torch to get out of those "iron clad" guarantees.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                      You haven't been in it long enough to see the downturns apparently judging by multiple comments in this thread. No one is safe, it will hit you guys too just takes longer then the drilling side to see the affects
                      Oh you're gunna play that card huh tough guy?

You can say what you want but when the Big Boss tells you to hammer down...that's what you do. I'm not going to change a thing....hammering down is what we have always done. I bust my *** every day and will continue to do so no matter what you or anyone else says.

Oh and for your information, I'm one of the guys that has saved...has paid off debt...with not an overly inflated income. So until the **** trickles down to us I'm gunna carry on and you should to.

I work for an outstanding company who has been through a low oil price cycle in the past...and they came out better on the other side....not gunna be any different this time buddy. Watch.
                      Last edited by Skinny; 01-21-2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                        Nah. Just a nature of the business. There's plenty of "good" people that have already been laid off. Is that karma too?
                        Only for the folks who wanted it to slow down. You got your wish. Now you don't have a job.

Skinny, how long have you been in the O&G business? I'm in the midstream side. It affects us. It'll affect you too. It's good to bust ***. And I too save just like you but I wouldn't believe my boss if he said it won't affect you. Good luck to y'all. EOG is letting go of a ton of folks.

Comment

You can say what you want but when the Big Boss tells you to hammer down...that's what you do. I'm not going to change a thing....hammering down is what we have always done. I bust my *** every day and will continue to do so no matter what you or anyone else says.

Oh and for your information, I'm one of the guys that has saved...has paid off debt...with not an overly inflated income. So until the **** trickles down to us I'm gunna carry on and you should to.

I work for an outstanding company who has been through a low oil price cycle in the past...and they came out better on the other side....not gunna be any different this time buddy. Watch.
                          EOG correct?

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            Hahahah I was just thinking the same thing a few day ago.

Comment

So there is no truth the rumor of them sending all consultants and Contruction folks home just last week?
                              Last edited by oktx; 01-21-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Hammer down and bust *** pumping? Can't help but LOL at that

It likely won't trickle down to you though like was said. That's usually what I go do if I get laid off from the drilling side. Once they're producing somebody has to look after them so it's pretty safe

Comment

Working...
                                X