No announcement yet.

Shingles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife has had it and she was in a ton of pain. Hate to see my little lady in that kind of shape. I wouldn’t wish that stuff on my worst enemy. Hope all is well and you bounce back quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      We used Owens Corning on our roof. Very pleased with them.
      Same with us but we coated it with Crisco.

Comment

Too much track coaching!

Comment

You cats that have had it, when it starts to blister or blisters start to pop, does that mean its just getting started, or getting better, or going away stage?

Comment

I do not know how old you are, but I believe the pain really depends on age. I got it in high school and it really was more of a discomfort than a pain. My Dad got it in his 50s and he was miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by bgbean90 View Post
              I do not know how old you are, but I believe the pain really depends on age. I got it in high school and it really was more of a discomfort than a pain. My Dad got it in his 50s and he was miserable.
              Agreed.. Had mine in high school, wasn't too bad, just annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                I wish I could get the vaccine but you gotta be 50 is what Walgreens told me. I hope I don't get it in the next 14 months.
                Go to your doctor and tell them you have never had chickenpox. They will vaccinate you against the chickenpox......

Same vaccine.......as it is the same virus........

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                  You cats that have had it, when it starts to blister or blisters start to pop, does that mean its just getting started, or getting better, or going away stage?
                  Realize when this happens you are infectious to those that have not had chickenpox (or the vaccine) so stay away from infants and those that are immune-compromised (cancer, diabetics etc).

Comment

following....

Comment

Had it at 25. Worst thing ever. Doc said one of the worst ceses he had ever seen in anyone under 50

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                        Yes. Wish them on nobody!
                        I normally think the same way. However, I bought a new boat today and I hope the finance guy that I had to deal with gets a bad case of them!

I’ve had them no less than 100 times. Always on my right *** cheek. They don’t bother me near as much anymore as I believe the nerve damage saves me from the pain now.

Comment

In both of my cases it started as a deep muscle ache around my right side. The ache started about mid abdomen and ran around to my spine, 6-8 inches wide.. I had this pain for about a week before the rash and blisters appeared.. I'm going to say that when it blisters your about half way through the process.. And yes you are contagious.. And in case it hasn't been said yet, IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bgbean90 View Post
                            I had them at 25 and this year at 52... Both SUCKED!!!!!!

Comment

Yes sir. Had it 4 days now. Got blisters now. Starting to SUCK more and more. Only 4 days, cant imagine doing this for a month.
                              Yall that had it multiple times, when you get it once, does that mean youre susceptible the rest of your life? Not a one and done, huh?

Comment

Yes sir. Had it 4 days now. Got blisters now. Starting to SUCK more and more. Only 4 days, cant imagine doing this for a month.
                                Yall that had it multiple times, when you get it once, does that mean youre susceptible the rest of your life? Not a one and done, huh?
                                It usually recurs because of the immune system no longer producing the antibodies to keep the virus at bay. The virus is ALWAYS there, think of it like a home invader that you have trapped in a closet. It sees that you have gone to the bathroom and escapes, then you have to battle it back into the closet.

Comment

Working...
                                X