what to do w/ pork shoulder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to do w/ pork shoulder

short of grinding it up what do you do with your pork shoulder, i have got 2 in the fridge and need to do something to them in the next couple of days.
    i was thinking about just smoking them but wanted some suggestion on a good meal,
    anyone know how to make pulled pork ?

Put them in a crock pot with plenty of seasonings- after about 8 hors the meat should just pull off with a fork. Pull all the meat off the bone and put it back in the crock pot. Add your favorite sauce for pull pork. I do mine just like I make Bar B Que Sauce but just add about 1/3 less ketchp. Put it in the crock for a few hours on low and enjoy.

Comment

Season to taste, smoke the **** out of it then smoke it for another 2 hours. About 200 degrees and sop it every couple hours real good to keep it from drying out. Wrap it in foil if it looks like it's drying out and sop it that will steam/broil it and keep it juicy. It will feel almost like jello when it's done, that's how you know, not by time.

When you are done the bone should pull out and the main muscle should pull apart with your fingers. Some apply sauce, if you seasoned the meat right you shouldn't have to.

Comment

Here is my favorite recipes. always melts in your mouth and will make you want to slap your momma its so good. LMAO.

Season it up w/ whatever all season spice (my favorite is Earl Campbell All purpose) you like the best and let sit overnight. Put it on the barbeque pit running about 250-275 or so degrees not real hot but pretty good heat. Enough for your hand to stay on the pit for about 3-4 seconds. Cook like this for about 4 hours. Sopping every 45 minutes or so. Very liberal. Next combine 1 jar of Molasses and One big bottle of Whole grain mustard in a bowl and mix them together. now slather on half the mixture all over both sides of the shoulder and cook for another hour at the same temperature. Then take the shoulder off and place it in foil and pour the remaining molasses mustard combo and one sliced onion and a little sop.Then wrap and place it back on the pit and cook till it falls apart about 4-5 more hours. Well worth the wait. The molasses mustard combo will make a beautiful crust and it will be excellent eats.

Here are my recipes for my sop.

Heat Large 4 quart pot and combine the following ingredients. Good sop for any meat.

3 sticks butter
        1 bottle Garlic Italian salad dressing (HEB brand)
        10 garlic cloves
        1 sliced onion
        1 teaspoon whole black pepper
        6 lemons juice and dropped in
        1 bottle louisiana hot sauce (not tabasco)
        1 bottle worcestshire
        1/2 bottle soy sauce
        1/2 cup apple vinegar
        1/2 cup molasses
        1/2 cup brown sugar
        2 tablespoons salt
        3 lonestar lights (or any other light beer gotta watch those calories .)

If you're not partial to molasses and whole grain mustard. You can use garlic lime marinade or teriyaki marinade from your grocery store. they both give great flavor to wild game.

Comment

marinate for several hours in zesty italian salad dressing, after making several shallow slices in the shoulder, broil it til done about4 hours, with a tent of foil on it. baste often with natural juices, salt and pepper outside skin, seals in juices, check with meat thermometer until done. enjoy!

Comment

DAO57

What temp do you look for to consider it DONE????

Comment

Comment

Brown sugar and Cavendars Greek Seasoning. Smoke for 2 hours at 220 degrees. Tightly wrap shoulders in heavy duty tin foil. (be sure to not tear foil) cook for another 2 hours @ 220.

Comment

Cut slits into the meat and put in whole pieces of garlic about every 4-5 inches apart
                  Double-Wrap in aluminum foil and pour in a can of DrPepper.
                  Cook on the pit for couple of hours or so.
                  It'll look and almost taste like pot roast when it's done.

Comment

Working...
                  X