Broadhead only target??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead only target??

I got a morrell's yellow jacket supreme ll target for Christmas. It says broadheads only my question is what will it hurt to shoot it with field points?

Rhino 18n1 best target out there takes broad heads and field points like a champ comes with a 1 yr warranty if you can shoot it out within a year you get a free replaced I've yet to accomplish this and I've had at least 3 in the last 6 yrs

Comment

I have the same target, I've shot it with field tips plenty and it leaves holes but been holding up for the past year with me assaulting it repeatedly

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
        Rhino 18n1 best target out there takes broad heads and field points like a champ comes with a 1 yr warranty if you can shoot it out within a year you get a free replaced I've yet to accomplish this and I've had at least 3 in the last 6 yrs
        Don't think he was asking for a suggestion. To answer your question though, I don't know why you couldn't. Set it up with a safe background and fling a few at it. See what happens.

Comment

I don't have that target but the only reason I can think of for not shooting field tips into it is they might be tough to pull out. Been shooting targets for over 30 years and never seen a target you can shoot with broadheads but not field tips. Of course there are targets that are made for field tips only but that makes sense.

Comment

Unless they have changed them in the last few years you will need two strong men and possibly a diesel pickup to pull em out

Comment

I have the same one and it is very hard to pull arrows out using field tips. I very seldom shoot anything other than broad heads. That's just when I get some different heads and I want to see how they fly. Now my sons use it for their target because their arrows don't penetrate it very deep and are still relatively easy to pull out.

Comment

So are these targets not hard to pull a broadhead out of?

First for me, target that can be shot with broadheads but not field tips

Comment

Working...
                X