DIY Ground Blind stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY Ground Blind stand.

Trying to eliminate the rat problem and get the pop up blind off the ground a bit. It works somewhat but they still ate holes in two of them but they quit living in them. Snake proofing has worked as well.
    Metal frame is thin wall 14 ga. C purlin and 14 ga. 3" sq. tubing. Floor is 3/4" CDX and 2X6" on outside. I am still experimenting on how to anchor the blind to the floor. I had a couple of pieces of stall matt that I cut for the inside and that works very well for soundproofing the floor. Floor was also glued down with Gorilla adhesive and then treated with Pinofin. Oh yea, and make sure you raise your chair just a bit, please don't ask how I know, I just know.
    Attached Files

Turned out great, should work just fine.

Comment

Is that a 5 ft base?

Comment

Originally posted by hunter68 View Post
        Is that a 5 ft base?
        I have built three and each one is a little larger than 60". The largest was 72" and smallest is around 68" OAL. I use the largest ground blind I can afford to give plenty of room to draw without hitting walls or top.

Comment

Looks solid; good idea to get above the rats and snakes!

Comment

nice

Comment

Nice Job. Buy one of these and keep it bated. It will keep the Rats and Mice out of your stand. You could put one under your platform. https://www.solutionsstores.com/aegi...t-station-1341

Comment

Nice

Comment

Cool

Comment

Looks good, should work well

Comment

Great idea - height advantage will also good.

Comment

Height is an advantage but make sure your chair is high enough, please don't ask how I know, I just know. I am still having a rat problem with one set up but put out some poison and that should work.

Comment

Working...
                        X