Best value predator E call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best value predator E call

Anyone with real world experience have thoughts on what's the best bang for the buck going right now? I've got a cheap icotec that has been fine, but is it worth upgrading to something like a Foxpro? Anyone used the Fusion and thoughts on it being worth the additional money over something like an inferno?

I had two Foxpros and now use a Primos . I like it better.

Comment

My dad has had 2 different primos and we've called up a few critters with it, but definitely more bobcats than coyotes. But my cousin has a foxpro and we call up a whole lot more coyotes. IMO, the quality of the sound from a the foxpro is better. But with that being said, let me add that my cousin bought the foxpro shockwave ($600 call with 4 speakers).
      I think bobcats are easier to call up if they are in the area, you just have to be patient because they seem to take their time coming in. But a coyote will come in from a long ways and they tend to come in on a trot or run

Comment

I like my Western River Apache.

Comment

Foxpro, I bought a cheap western river that didn't even make it through one hunt without constant malfunctions. I have a cheap foxpro and it is great

Comment

Foxpro has a lot of fancy features in their higher end stuff, but the basic models are fine. It's more about getting the sound of the critter away from you because that is where they look

Comment

Originally posted by Tower43 View Post
              Foxpro has a lot of fancy features in their higher end stuff, but the basic models are fine. It's more about getting the sound of the critter away from you because that is where they look
              I think that's what I'm leaning towards, just going with a low end FoxPro.

Comment

I've used Western Rivers which only lasted about one season of calling. Extreme Deminsions which was a little better but didn't last but a few seasons. I've also used a Primos Alpha Dogg and they're actually pretty good calls in my experience. I started out using a Johnny Stewart Preymaster that lasted a long time and actually still works when it wants to. It's not wireless though which can be a hassle. I've also used the FoxPro Spitfire and Wildfire 2 and own the Inferno. I think the Inferno probably has the most bang for your buck. But it all depends on how much you want to spend. The higher priced ones have more sounds and different features. For example the Fusion can play more sounds than one at the same time if I remember correctly. But unless you plan on getting very serious I'd go with the Inferno. It's a pretty serious call for a reasonable price.

Comment

I'm on about three or four years now on my cheap foxpro, works like new. Last year I picked up a motion decoy on sale for $30 from cabelas. It is from foxpro so it plugs into the speaker unit and I can turn the decoy on or off from the foxpro remote

Comment

I called in 4 coyotes on one stand using the Spitfire last year. It's hard to go wrong with a FoxPro. In all honesty I've called in more critters with a hand call than anything else so it doesn't even have to be electronic.

Comment

i have the ihunt app on my phone and run a cord to a little white amp from radio shack then run a long cord to a speaker. think everything cost me $20 and i have called in yotes and cats with it. think i saw it on here or i typed in diy e caller on google.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        I've used Western Rivers which only lasted about one season of calling. Extreme Deminsions which was a little better but didn't last but a few seasons. I've also used a Primos Alpha Dogg and they're actually pretty good calls in my experience. I started out using a Johnny Stewart Preymaster that lasted a long time and actually still works when it wants to. It's not wireless though which can be a hassle. I've also used the FoxPro Spitfire and Wildfire 2 and own the Inferno. I think the Inferno probably has the most bang for your buck. But it all depends on how much you want to spend. The higher priced ones have more sounds and different features. For example the Fusion can play more sounds than one at the same time if I remember correctly. But unless you plan on getting very serious I'd go with the Inferno. It's a pretty serious call for a reasonable price.
                        Picked up the inferno this weekend. So far I'm impressed with the remote and call. It definitely seems like a huge bang for the buck compared to what you could get even a few years ago. We'll see how it goes once I get it out to hunt.

Comment

Working...
                        X