Tent or Hammock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tent, no question.

I bring ny hammock to elk camp and set it up away from the main camp for mid-day naps. Even during mid-day in the shade my back got cold enough to wake me up. If you're not getting sleep and recharging your body after expending so much energy and calories, you are less likely to be able to perform when the need arises

Comment

i prefer hammock but either take a pad or a quilt if it is going to be cool at night, when you are in your bag that air whipping under you hammock will get pretty cool

Comment

do what is best for you...I have never seen a hammock that I could actually sleep in

Comment

In the perfect world, I’d go hammock with an under quilt. Considered it last year but it’s a lot of weight so we just use a tarp.

Comment

Tent. I never could sleep in a hammock.

Comment

Originally posted by skooter View Post
              We will have a base camp to hunt from. I’ve got a good zero degree mummy bag. I hope to find some bulls and stay with them until one of us gets it done.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mummy bag will do little good in a hammock. You need and underquilt, especially at elk elevations. You’ll be miserable without one

Comment

Tent due to the fact that I've never seen a hammock as light weight as my tent.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. It looks like tent wins the common vote. I’m gonna take both and see what happens.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hammock for me. This is a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC hammock with a Arrowhead Equipment New River under quilt. I used my military sleep system cold weather bag for a top quilt. It was in the mid 20s at night. I slept great. When it's cold an under quilt is the key to staying warm.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X