Best Deals on Goose Neck Trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HainesNYT View Post
    I see them used on CL and FB all the time. Ebay as well...Texas is loaded with them.

Not doubt you NEED a CDL, not that you asked.

What SSL/CTL are you getting?
    Exactly! Maybe I have a CDL and Maybe I don't I have done my homework on the CDL. You can't even pull a single wheel with 2 10K axles under it. That is straight from DPS.

Cat 299D HXT with a Fecon on it.

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
    why 12k axels and why so long just for a skidsteer. I would just get a 25' with 10K axels.
    Because the machine, Fecon head and other implements would be overloading the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
      Exactly! Maybe I have a CDL and Maybe I don't I have done my homework on the CDL. You can't even pull a single wheel with 2 10K axles under it. That is straight from DPS.

Cat 299D HXT with a Fecon on it.

Because the machine, Fecon head and other implements would be overloading the trailer.
      It's so ridiculous all the new requirements to pull a dang trailer. My 30' with dual 7k's behind my 3/4 ton is just shy of being illegal. I'm maxed out before I have to get a CDL.

Comment

Texas pride seems to be on the lower end of pricing when I look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
          It's so ridiculous all the new requirements to pull a dang trailer. My 30' with dual 7k's behind my 3/4 ton is just shy of being illegal. I'm maxed out before I have to get a CDL.
          If I understood DPS right, Any trailer with GVWR over 10K requires a Class A CDL. Class A license if you are farm use.

Comment

If I understood DPS right, Any trailer with GVWR over 10K requires a Class A CDL. Class A license if you are farm use.

Then it’s changed recently. Combined rated capacity of the truck/trailer combo is what it went by last I checked. 3/4 ton with dual tandem with 10K axles squeaked by then.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Then it’s changed recently. Combined rated capacity of the truck/trailer combo is what it went by last I checked. 3/4 ton with dual tandem with 10K axles squeaked by then.

It’s very confusing and the regulations are not easy to find. I asked him if I could get by with single wheel axles that keep my truck and trailer under 26,000 and he said no. Any trailer that 10k+ GVWR requires a Class A CDL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

As long as the combination GVWR of the truck and trailer is under 26,001 then no CDL needed. A single wheel 350 with an 11,500 GVWR and bumper or goose with 14,500 GVWR or less just squeaks by. That Cat and Fecon combination is over 15k alone. Any other attachments will add up quick plus a trailer that’s already weighing 8-10k lbs.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CC5898CF-6F93-4506-BA19-4A2B24B959BB.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	24588628

Comment

We have had some lamar trailers that were built nice but their jacks always suck. If you can find a used PJ in your price range thats what i would get.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      As long as the combination GVWR of the truck and trailer is under 26,001 then no CDL needed. A single wheel 350 with an 11,500 GVWR and bumper or goose with 14,500 GVWR or less just squeaks by. That Cat and Fecon combination is over 15k alone. Any other attachments will add up quick plus a trailer that’s already weighing 8-10k lbs.
                      this is true if u stay in texas, it drops to 10,001 if you cross state lines...

Comment

Texas Pride is most likely going to be your best bet. I bought a 29' passive tilt from them last year, I think I was around 9K.

Comment

It’s very confusing and the regulations are not easy to find. I asked him if I could get by with single wheel axles that keep my truck and trailer under 26,000 and he said no. Any trailer that 10k+ GVWR requires a Class A CDL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Not true. I've got a tandem 20' BP 12k GVWR and don't need a CDL. Even with a 1-ton maxed out GCWR and a 12k lb trailer, youre still under the 26,001 limit.

The trailer and load you'll be hauling will be WELL OVER CDL territory.

Comment

My BIL just bought a 28+5 for under 9k from Jennings trailer in Emory Tx. Not sure how they last, but the price is definitely worth looking at.

Comment

cdl logic

this is easier to figure out
                              Attached Files

Comment

Not to steal the thread but the cdl class A law is a gcwr of 26,001 lbs or more that includes a trailer with a gvwr in excess of 10,000 lbs. You have to first hit the 26,001 mark, then include the trailer over 10k.

Comment

Working...
                                X