No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks for that chart bazo. its a big help. thanks also cisco jack.

id love to get into the hobby but it seems ill need a mechanic. i cant fix stuff too good.

garguy, youre better at all this stuff, than a jack of all trades is suppose to be!

Comment

Gar guy can you post up some more pics of that red banded rock? That one has my curiosity going.

All those other points/tools/knives are just incredible. I might be lucky enough to find half that many in a long time of hunting. Thanks again for showing your finds. I'm drooling here.

Comment

Justin actually has the little game piece. It is ground flat and polished on both sides.. Also the edges have been shaped some. Im sure it started out as a beautiful river pebble and became magic for some fellow a couple thousand years ago. We have found several ground down like little discodials and we figure they are game pieces of sorts..

Comment

Great haul Steve!

Comment

Originally posted by TBrandum View Post
            Great haul Steve!
            Thanks. did you see that gahagen?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Thanks. did you see that gahagen?
              Yes sir that is a killer piece! Looks to be a quality camp for sure! Nice birds as well.

A group pic of all the hard stone and game pieces would be interesting to see?

Comment

I couldn't find another thread more fitting to this specific question so....I found this rock in the Davis Mountains, other than being cool can you tell me anything about it? (You guys seem to be pretty darn good experts about all things that come out of the ground!)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1330.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	24486248
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1327.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	24486249

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks very much like the conjoined crystals from inside a geode. Cool rock!

Comment

Better pics of the gahagen
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
                        [ATTACH]843262[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]843263[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        If it was purple it would be Amethyst most likely. When I lived in Menard as a kid we found lots of them big round brown rocks and would bust them open to see what was inside. Some were clear and some would be purple and some didn't have anything in it but mud.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          If it was purple it would be Amethyst most likely. When I lived in Menard as a kid we found lots of them big round brown rocks and would bust them open to see what was inside. Some were clear and some would be purple and some didn't have anything in it but mud.
                          Yep. If you had saved all those geodes to be sawed, they would probably have paid for a nice lease.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            Yep. If you had saved all those geodes to be sawed, they would probably have paid for a nice lease.
                            I was 16 and had just got my drivers license. Had other things on my mind mostly of the 2 legged variety. There wasn't a lot going on in Menard back in 1963. Knowing what I know now I would be scouring the San Saba gravel bars every day.

Comment

There may still be some there..

Comment

Brake,I should have know your a Menard River Rat !!, just kiddn

Comment

Working...
                                X