Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good.

Comment

Looking good. As for the windows, just make square framed windows and screw them to blind. the blind will bend enough to make it flush. Stick window frame through the hole while standing out side and screw through the water tank into the frame. Super easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
        Looking good. As for the windows, just make square framed windows and screw them to blind. the blind will bend enough to make it flush. Stick window frame through the hole while standing out side and screw through the water tank into the frame. Super easy.
        Thanks for the tip Mitch, what are your window frames made out of. Found a thread with some pictures, looked like tubing but couldn't really tell. This seems to be a little more efficient than what I was going to do.

Comment

Got the floor on the platform. Originally was going to use 2x6s, not sure why, but used 3/4" ply wood. Then cut up the TSC mats and got the floor all worked out. Need to find some carpet to put down to cover up some of the seams. Steel company brought me the right strap today so I got my X braces drilled and put on as well. Blind is screwed down and this thing is solid as a rock. With just the legs on it was pretty shaky. Wasn't to sure about it but the Xs made a huge difference. Just need paint, windows, door and a ladder and she'll be ready for action.
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking good. I like the platform idea.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBeaster View Post
              I don't know if it will work or not but I've got several rolls of padding/acoustic pad left over from putting flooring in my house. I'm planning on using it to line a blind. It should help with noise and keep me from having to paint the inside since its a dark gray color, just a few shades lighter than black. And it's fairly cheap too. It won't help with the heat though. Just a suggestion you might want to consider.
              Is that padding the foam egg shell looking stuff? If so where and how much $ is it? I would love to find some of this to line mine with as well. I have it lined (in spots) with carpet right now.

Comment

Originally posted by rascalarms View Post
                Is that padding the foam egg shell looking stuff? If so where and how much $ is it? I would love to find some of this to line mine with as well. I have it lined (in spots) with carpet right now.
                I would like to know more as well. Haven't heard much from emails sent to spray foam people.

Comment

Great looking blind brother! Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

Awesomely ingenious.. Always cracks me up to see what devoted hunters will buy and use for something totally different than it was intended for. I might have to build me one of these.. Been thinkin about doin it for a while now.. Subscribed for later

Comment

I just use square tubing. You can also use 2x2 wood as well. Deer view hinged windows mounts flush to the wood and the blind screws down flush to them.. Real simple...

Comment

I just use square tubing. You can also use 2x2 wood as well. Deer view hinged windows mounts flush to the wood and the blind screws down flush to them.. Real simple...
                        Speaking of DeerView Windows, yours shipped out today brother.

Comment

Originally posted by TEXophilite7 View Post
                          Great looking blind brother! Can't wait to see it finished!
                          Thanks bud, can't wait myself. Starting to get the itch and that's never good cause I wont finish it and just start hunting out of it.

Originally posted by AndyRealtree View Post
                          Awesomely ingenious.. Always cracks me up to see what devoted hunters will buy and use for something totally different than it was intended for. I might have to build me one of these.. Been thinkin about doin it for a while now.. Subscribed for later
                          Best advise I gran give ya Andy is to check prices on other options first and get a rough price figured out what the tank blind will be. Unless you can find a damaged tank for a steal. Not saying I'm putting my self in the hole but I could've gone other routes for what I'm doing this for. But I'm the kind of person that when I want to do it and I want it to be perfect, I won't settle for the cheap route. Just wasn't anything close to my area to make me want to go get them instead. Gonna make the drive to go see Mitch next time.

Ok I got ya, I was trying to see it in my head what you were describing and finally got the picture.

Originally posted by thehunted View Post
                          Speaking of DeerView Windows, yours shipped out today brother.
                          Awesome! Thanks Tyler, your a pleasure to deal with and I'll be throwing your name out there when needed as a person to deal with. Excited and can't wait to get these windows and give them a try.

Comment

that's looking real good. Going to be a nice blind for you

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                              that's looking real good. Going to be a nice blind for you
                              Thanks man, I'm doing my best to take my time and do it right. That's what I'm wanting is a nice one. Had enough of pop ups and leaks and bugs.
                              Last edited by BBReezen; 07-03-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

here ya go.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X