Sunset at the kids' blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunset at the kids' blind

We went out late this evening for a little more touchup on Zach's bow blind. Still needs a little camo net on the front panels, but other than that it's finished. Sunset was too good to pass up this evening.

sweet pic

Comment

Nice shot Shane!

Comment

Love it!

Comment

The color is amazing, i just have a cheap digital camera but if I was to take a picture with the sun in it like that it would just be a big blurry orange spot and the rest of the picture would be terrible. My rookie question is what fixes that? does it have to deal with the lens? or was there just enough cloud cover to keep it from being to bright.? nice pics either way.

Comment

Awesome!!! I always forget the camera when I run into something like that!!!

Comment

Oh, and would y'all believe that the Moultrie timer was STILL spinning and keeping time since last year? It said the batteries were at 75% still. UNbelievable.

This one (got mine at Academy last year): Moultrie Pro Magnum

Comment

Originally posted by matt campbell View Post
                The color is amazing, i just have a cheap digital camera but if I was to take a picture with the sun in it like that it would just be a big blurry orange spot and the rest of the picture would be terrible. My rookie question is what fixes that? does it have to deal with the lens? or was there just enough cloud cover to keep it from being to bright.? nice pics either way.
                Matt, one way to do it is to set the camera to expose the sky well and then use your flash to fill in the other areas that will appear too dark. That's what I was planning to do here, but my flash battery was dead. So what I did was take three different exposures - one "average" exposure for the middle tones, one to get the brightest part of the sky with everything else blacked out, and one to get the kids and the landscape with sky blown out and too bright. Then I used software to blend them together in an HDR (High Dynamic Range) image. Software throws away the bad parts of each pic and keeps all the best parts of each one. Ends up looking more like what your eye sees in such scenes, if you process it right. You have to make the kids stand STILL until you get three shots.

Comment

Thanks for the info shane.

Comment

Great shot. Especially being an HDR with people in it. My camera is SLOW when it's shooting exposure bracketing, so there is always some sort of movement when shooting ppl. The HDR stuff isn't easy.

Comment

great shot of the kids

Comment

I like that a lot Shane, very vivid colors!

Comment

VERY nice, Shane!
                          Lesto!!

Comment

wow, super pic!!

Comment

I knew it had to be some fancy HDR but man the results are great. Good job man!

Comment

Working...
                              X