Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does dealing with car dealerships have to be such a pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a new Jeep from Moritz. Did everything via text and phone with Tony. They sell Chevys too. Might get in touch with Tony and see if they can help ya from afar. Worth a shot.

Comment

Our conversation below, I am in white, he is in black. It was in email so the conversation starts at the bottom, after I clicked the "check availability" button. ( which I assumed was to check vehicle availability )

I see,

My apologies for having to tell you the truth.

Best of luck to you sir.

Thank you for your quick response. Looks like its the same old game after all these years.....

Hello sir,

I just checked the inventory. Unfortunately that unit is sold. Please let me know if you see anything else on our website that you may want to purchase.

Houston's Favorite Chevrolet Dealership Sells More Silverado Trucks than any Dealer because our LOW LOW Lone Star PRICES on New, Used & Certified Pre-owned (CPO) Chevy Trucks, SUVs and Cars. Our GM Service Center in Houston Satisfies Cypress, Sugar Land, Pasadena, Pearland and League City Drivers Every Day. Call and See Why!

Please let me know.

Thank you for the inquiry!

Robert L. Thomas

Hello,
      Is this vehicle still available and at your location,
      18900 Northwest Fwy
      Houston, TX 77065 ?

I'm at your service!

U 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Sonic Price:$29,981.00
      Vin : 1GCVKREC2GZ124736 StockNumber : TGZ124736
      Exterior : Gray Interior : Black
      Mileage : 30102
      More Information

What time can I expect you to come by and test drive the vehicle today? ( this led me to believe that the vehicle was available...how can I test drive it if it has been sold? But I know they are lying sacks of crap so I had to ask specifically-above )

Were there any other concerns I could address before you came by?

Feel free to text me with any questions you have at 832-457-4644.

Thanks for your inquiry!

Comment

I cant wait for direct to consumer sales.
        One day, you'll be able to go to Chevy's or Ford's website. Pick out your car. Click "add to cart", pay for it, and it shows up at your door step.
        It is coming. It may take a while. Car ownership in America is on the decline. Manufactures will start doing what it takes to increase sales. If that means direct to consumer sales then so be it.
        The dealership as a middle man is an outdated model.
        Last edited by backwoods; 05-23-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Parkway Chevrolet.

many years ago we bought the first year model of the highlander. (read minivan). several years no issues. then automatic doors would slide open on their own, even at night, even while driving. looked up online to many others having the same issues. we frequented their service dept. no issues with them, other than they could only polish a **** so much. it was still a ****.

so one day we decided to check with the sales people about getting out of it and into something else. we were flipped on it and knew it.

explained what we were there for and the first thing the salesman asked me if I had gap on current mini **** mobile, I said yes. he said next time it rains drive under this underpass and flood it out. after insurance deals with you, come see me. i'll fix you right up and treat you right.

I have never been back on their property.

oh plus, they posted 30.06 sign.

couple months ago, I found the jeep my wife wanted at meador in ft worth. did the entire deal by txt message and 1 email. even sent pics of my trade in. we met half way in Waco at a McDonalds, signed papers and swapped vehicles over breakfast. easiest $40,000+ transaction I've ever had. now to be fair getting a hold of the salesman afterwards has been non existent. (supposed to get a finder's fee for passing his name to someone)

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
            I cant wait for direct to consumer sales.
            One day, you'll be able to go to Chevy's or Ford's website. Pick out your car. Click "add to cart", pay for it, and it shows up at your door step.
            It is coming.
            The dealership as a middle man is an outdated model.
            Let's hope so.

Not sure what they will do about service centers though.

Comment

I'll add the easiest and most painless buying experience Ive ever had was a CarMax.

Comment

Just go to a different dealer. Not all of them are like that. Some sales guys are pretty straight forward.

I will say this though. I recently bought my wife an Audi Q5. We shopped/looked hard at Audi and MB; went to multiple dealerships. Talk about a very different dealer experience; nothing like buying a truck from a GM or Ford dealer. These dealers would knock ~ 6% off MSRP and pretty much consider it their bottom offer. We were not in a rush to buy a vehicle, so I tried to work a few over for a better deal to not much avail.

This was way different than buying my last Chevy truck...dealer rebate, GM incentive, whatever. 10 plus percent off MSRP seemed like the norm.

Call me crazy, but I think there's a lot more smoke and mirrors going on with truck buying. The Audi and MB dealers were like, this is it and if you don't like it go down the road. Dealer down the road would basically say the same thing.

Comment

Much smaller market here for those vehicles vs Ford / Chevy trucks so you have a better understanding of your market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Not enough bandwidth to tell our story. Will in service has been the only consolation.

My nephew was there about 2 weeks ago trying to buy his first vehicle. After 2 hours the best they could do was 900 a month.....for a used 1/2 ton truck. When he walked they told him they would not allow him to waste 2 hours of their time and were going to "black mark" his credit so that no one would finance him.
                    Wow that is customer service right there!

Comment

Research the dealer as well as the vehicle. MOst I wouldn't contact even if they showed the right vehicle

Comment

Years ago, had a friend that needed a job desperately and went to work for a new car dealership in Dallas. Never sold cars, so they put him through their training course. He quit after a few days. He said I’m a Christian and was not raised to do the things they want me to do. Said I don’t know how these people look at themselves in the mirror every day.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                          Our conversation below, I am in white, he is in black. It was in email so the conversation starts at the bottom, after I clicked the "check availability" button. ( which I assumed was to check vehicle availability )

I see,

My apologies for having to tell you the truth.

Best of luck to you sir.

Thank you for your quick response. Looks like its the same old game after all these years.....

Hello sir,

I just checked the inventory. Unfortunately that unit is sold. Please let me know if you see anything else on our website that you may want to purchase.

Houston's Favorite Chevrolet Dealership Sells More Silverado Trucks than any Dealer because our LOW LOW Lone Star PRICES on New, Used & Certified Pre-owned (CPO) Chevy Trucks, SUVs and Cars. Our GM Service Center in Houston Satisfies Cypress, Sugar Land, Pasadena, Pearland and League City Drivers Every Day. Call and See Why!

Please let me know.

Thank you for the inquiry!

Robert L. Thomas

Hello,
                          Is this vehicle still available and at your location,
                          18900 Northwest Fwy
                          Houston, TX 77065 ?

I'm at your service!

U 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Sonic Price:$29,981.00
                          Vin : 1GCVKREC2GZ124736 StockNumber : TGZ124736
                          Exterior : Gray Interior : Black
                          Mileage : 30102
                          More Information

What time can I expect you to come by and test drive the vehicle today? ( this led me to believe that the vehicle was available...how can I test drive it if it has been sold? But I know they are lying sacks of crap so I had to ask specifically-above )

Were there any other concerns I could address before you came by?

Feel free to text me with any questions you have at 832-457-4644.

Thanks for your inquiry!
                          Why did you need to make a smart *** comment? Why not just leave it at okay, thanks? The salesman said it was sold, and if you saw anything else of interest, to let him know.

His response was far better than 90% of used car salesman responses.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                            I just bought a new Jeep from Moritz. Did everything via text and phone with Tony. They sell Chevys too. Might get in touch with Tony and see if they can help ya from afar. Worth a shot.
                            bought two from them over texts and phone calls. I told them upfront that I lived 2-2.5hrs away and couldn't just pop in to look. very helpful. would definitely buy there again.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              Why did you need to make a smart *** comment? Why not just leave it at okay, thanks? The salesman said it was sold, and if you saw anything else of interest, to let him know.

His response was far better than 90% of used car salesman responses.
                              I didnt NEED to, but I dont like being misled. The old bait and switch is the oldest trick in the book. I dang sure didnt want him to think Im one of the many fools he has taken in the past. Be straight up and honest. Dont ask me when he can expect me to test drive a non-existent vehicle.

Comment

Then he apologizes for having to tell the truth. Only a used car salesman would apologize for having to tell the truth....

Comment

Working...
                                X