Trumps new immigration order struck down by a federal court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
    I still can't figure out why or how so many people can believe all his crazy stories, lies & have trust in him ???
    No ****.
    But not to hijack or deviate too far from XBow's thread and back to the point.

I was watching his pep rally in Tennessee last evening (like a bad car wreck, can't look, can't look away), when Trump learned that the federal court(s) had again denied his travel ban.

And what was his reaction?

I'll answer my own question. He demeaned and insulted the District federal judges and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Does he not understand that federal judges cannot be fired? And does he not understand that federal judges (no matter who appointed them) are also human beings and will take slurs and insults personal? And could their personal feelings possibly influence their rulings?

Again, I'll answer my own question(s). I reckon not. Ergo, ignorance. Try as they may, nobody can get around it. Not even Kellyanne or Spicer. Good grief, I bet they hate to get out of bed every morning to attempt to come up with "alternative facts" and spin to cover his dumb ***.

Classless; I'll just touch on, I ain't got the inclination or the time to expound upon it. Aside from all the stupid **** that he says and does...

He can afford the best tailor on the planet. But yet - his suits don't fit. And does he only own one tie? Yeah, the red one - that is about 8 or 10 inches too long.

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
      Maybe it's his rhetoric, the judge more or less said so.

Let your mouth run like diarrhea, pay the consequences.

He was perfectly within his power to do what he did. One or both of his orders will be upheld in court. The judges are playing politicians, not following the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

When judges put the country and the constitution at risk
        Well, they deserve a few insults. And the 9th circuit is the biggest joke in American law hist. So they definitely need much ridicule.
        Kinda of petty for a man to criticize a man clothing....unless you happen to be in 5 grade

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
          No ****.

I was watching his pep rally in Tennessee last evening (like a bad car wreck, can't look, can't look away), when Trump learned that the federal court(s) had again denied his travel ban.

I'll answer my own question. He demeaned and insulted the District federal judges and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Does he not understand that federal judges cannot be fired? And does he not understand that federal judges (no matter who appointed them) are also human beings and will take slurs and insults personal? And could their personal feelings possibly influence their rulings?

Again, I'll answer my own question(s). I reckon not. Ergo, ignorance. Try as they may, nobody can get around it. Not even Kellyanne or Spicer. Good grief, I bet they hate to get out of bed every morning to attempt to come up with "alternative facts" and spin to cover his dumb ***.

Classless; I'll just touch on, I ain't got the inclination or the time to expound upon it. Aside from all the stupid **** that he says and does...

He can afford the best tailor on the planet. But yet - his suits don't fit. And does he only own one tie? Yeah, the red one - that is about 8 or 10 inches too long.

Bob Lee
          It's very clear what Trump is doing, & what Obummer along w/several other POTUS have done, is completely legal.

Title 8, Chapter 12, US Code 1182:

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            When judges put the country and the constitution at risk
            Well, they deserve a few insults. And the 9th circuit is the biggest joke in American law hist. So they definitely need much ridicule.
            Kinda of petty for a man to criticize a man clothing....unless you happen to be in 5 grade
            Flywise; All Courts of Appeals are real and have enormous power. Ridicule can never abolish them. As long as our Constitution remains intact. And yes, you and I, and all citizens of the US of A have the right to think what we think and to say what we have to say on the matter. Although admittedly redundant, I do respect your rights to free speech. I simply ask that you afford me the said same rights. Though that concept may be entirely foreign to you.

Moving on along...
            I graduated from the 5th grade, oh... I think, in 1957. Even back then, I was conscious of appearances, not only of my own, but of others around me. I don't think that is unusual, nor unimportant. Many, many folks also feel the same way, particularly when possibly being in the spotlight or under observation.

Arrogant, although it may sound to any interested or disinterested readers; Whatever or wherever the occasion, the gathering, may be... A casual cookout, a fine restaurant, a ballgame or just putting on my carefully selected outfit to go to my blind... I will be possibly the best dressed man in sight. I call it respect. Both for myself and for those that are around me and might just care a little bit.

If you don't, well, you don't. And that is your prerogative (definition; your choice).

Oh...
            Until now, I've never spoken to you directly. If you feel compelled to come back with the "liberal card", which seems to be your one and only hole card... You're invited and I will accept your invitation; call me out on a new thread. Right away and right now, I will say that in some respects that I am indeed, a liberal. And people will be ice-skating in hell before I apologize for being who I am.

Bob Lee

Comment

No ****.

Bob Lee

Those judges need to be removed from the bench if they let rhetoric influence their decisions. They are there to interpret the law and apply it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Flywise; All Courts of Appeals are real and have enormous power. Ridicule can never abolish them. As long as our Constitution remains intact. And yes, you and I, and all citizens of the US of A have the right to think what we think and to say what we have to say on the matter. Although admittedly redundant, I do respect your rights to free speech. I simply ask that you afford me the said same rights. Though that concept may be entirely foreign to you.

Moving on along...
                I graduated from the 5th grade, oh... I think, in 1957. Even back then, I was conscious of appearances, not only of my own, but of others around me. I don't think that is unusual, nor unimportant. Many, many folks also feel the same way, particularly when possibly being in the spotlight or under observation.

Arrogant, although it may sound to any interested or disinterested readers; Whatever or wherever the occasion, the gathering, may be... A casual cookout, a fine restaurant, a ballgame or just putting on my carefully selected outfit to go to my blind... I will be possibly the best dressed man in sight. I call it respect. Both for myself and for those that are around me and might just care a little bit.

If you don't, well, you don't. And that is your prerogative (definition; your choice).
                I have not tried
                Oh...
                Until now, I've never spoken to you directly. If you feel compelled to come back with the "liberal card", which seems to be your one and only hole card... You're invited and I will accept your invitation; call me out on a new thread. Right away and right now, I will say that in some respects that I am indeed, a liberal. And people will be ice-skating in hell before I apologize for being who I am.

Bob Lee
                When have i tried To limit anyones speach? You can critized the presidens dress
                I simply Pointed out typically that keep nd of criticism is found on play grounds.
                I only i call out liberalism when people say things that are liberal or act like liberals and claim to be something else, like say a libertarian for example.
                I learned a learned a long time ago that one group of people like to throw around accusations, make up facts but generally have no interedt in people calling them out on them. So its quite funny actually. I dont believe i have ever spent ken to you directly either before i my last post but you took a criticism of your comment about the way a man dressed and replied with more petty stuff like definitions, and insults. Pretty much typical of the way i expect folks on your side of the isle would.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Those judges need to be removed from the bench if they let rhetoric influence their decisions. They are there to interpret the law and apply it. Nothing more, nothing less.

First, and foremost, I absolutely agree with you in regard to law and constitutional interpretations.

But...
                  Unfortunately, federal judges cannot be removed from the bench. They can only retire or die. And whether we agree or disagree, they have the hammer.

Bob Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Who determines or judges that they did that?
                    Last edited by SMC; 03-16-2017, 07:09 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by SMC View Post
                      Who determines or judges that they did that?
                      It appears the supreme court will have to now....which they will.

Comment

When have i tried To limit anyones speach? You can critized the presidens dress
                        I simply Pointed out typically that keep nd of criticism is found on play grounds.
                        I only i call out liberalism when people say things that are liberal or act like liberals and claim to be something else, like say a libertarian for example.
                        I learned a learned a long time ago that one group of people like to throw around accusations, make up facts but generally have no interedt in people calling them out on them. So its quite funny actually. I dont believe i have ever spent ken to you directly either before i my last post but you took a criticism of your comment about the way a man dressed and replied with more petty stuff like definitions, and insults. Pretty much typical of the way i expect folks on your side of the isle would.
                        To answer your first question (sentence): Often.

Please allow me to make a few laps to get to my point.

I'm an old man and aging is an evolutionary process; a refinement process. I don't mean to say that one becomes "refined' (better}. It means that it has been a long, and sometimes difficult journey. Things that we felt that were necessary to tote when we began became too heavy and burdensome. So, we left them on the shoulder of the road somewhere along the way. I'm ****ed close to the end of that road. So I'm only carrying what I feel that I cannot do without.

Still following me?

My principles, my standards, are all I still pack. Quite simple standards. You be nice to me and I'll be nice back to you. Say something tacky... most times, I'll ignore you, put on my hat and find someplace else to be, and I will politely excuse myself while headed toward the door.

But.
                        Should I think (feel) that I've been genuinely insulted, as I did with your reply, I will hit you back and I will do it with a vengeance.

I don't want to do that, I find it to be uncivilized. I extend my hand to you and to everyone else here. Not necessarily in friendship, but as in a form of agreement to strive to be civilized, respectful and and understanding that all of us are different and unique.

Flywise, that is the best offer that you are ever going to get from me. What you choose to do with it is up to you. That's my point.

Bob Lee

Comment

It appears the supreme court will have to now....which they will.
                          Supreme can reverse their ruling, but can't remove them from the bench.. right?

Comment

Originally posted by SMC View Post
                            Supreme can reverse their ruling, but can't remove them from the bench.. right?
                            Yes
                            They can only be removed from the bench by an impeachment vote in the house and a conviction in the senate.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                              Maybe it's his rhetoric, the judge more or less said so.

Let your mouth run like diarrhea, pay the consequences.
                              Regardless, that is no lawful basis to halt the order

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                                Regardless, that is no lawful basis to halt the order
                                That means nothing to some of these folks, matter of fact,
                                Since trump does not have a D next to his name they would throw a fit if he paid
                                Off the national debt, cured cancer and opened the borders to everyone on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X