Hunting / Outdoor Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting / Outdoor Shows

New to the forum from out of state (Georgia). I have been to Texas hunting before and am looking to come back. I lost all previous contacts so I was thinking about attending a show or 2 where I could meet and talk to some outfitters in person. I see a couple SCI shows listed and some from TTHA. Any recommendations on which shows would be my best option? I been eyeballing the SCI show in Houston this month since it is early in the year. I'd like to hunt this fall if I can.

Thank you,

Both the SCI and TTH are solid. We attend both annually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Houston SCI show is pretty weak compared to the Dallas show. That being said if you are in the Houston area anyway it would be worth your while to go at least once. The TTHA show is very good but it won't be until late July or early August before it comes around again.

Comment

if you are going to be bowhunting I would recommend talking to some of the site sponsors on here.

Comment

I think you just happened upon your best contacts. The Green Screen holds lots of info on many things. Just post up here what you are looking for and chances are someone has been there/knows someone etc...... Welcome to the fire.

Comment

I have just stumbled upon this site, a recommendation from a guy on Archerytalk.com. I plan on using the site as best I can, and will definitely look into the sponsors. I will not be in the Houston area for any other reason except to go to the show. I was wondering if the SCI shows would have much representation in Texas? I am also watching the rate the day lease forum too.

Thanks for the input

Comment

There is no SCI Houston Expo in January. However, Houston Safari Club (HSC) puts on its annual Hunting Expo and Convention each January. HSC is not related to or affiliated with SCI in any manner. HSC has been around as an independent non-profit for 45 years. Beginning 2018, the HSC Convention will be at the GRB Convention Center in downtown Houston. Almost 300 exhibitors. Hunting Expo Fri., Sat. Sun. with banquets and auctions at night featuring The Bellamy Brothers and Roger Creager and a Thursday night sneak preview. Tickets at the door or online at houstonsafariclub.org.

Comment

Thanks for straightening that out Dejashoot, and for the additional information.

Comment

Working...
                X