No announcement yet.

LIVE - North Texas Public Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I wouldn’t mind some pics of your kayak setup whenever you get the time. I noticed in your classifieds thread you got the newest Nucanoe Frontier 12. I was wondering how you rigged it out and why you upgraded when you had one already. I also use a kayak to access public in North Texas and southern Oklahoma, but am currently bumming and borrowing boats as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
      I REALLY want to see a pic of your yak loaded down with all your gear and a deer this afternoon
      THIS! As well as pics of how you have the yak rigged. What motor is that?

Comment

Good luck this afternoon. I had a good feeling for you this morning. You are sure doing it the right way.

Comment

What's the latest???????

Comment

Hope that yak is loaded down

Comment

Anyone heard from this guy? Hope hes alright and hes just been busy from all the big buck searching, quartering, kayak packing, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
                Anyone heard from this guy? Hope hes alright and hes just been busy from all the big buck searching, quartering, kayak packing, etc.
                he is alive just a slacker on updates

Comment

Haha man I wish I had some better news, but I didn't see a deer while on stand yesterday. I hunted until lunch time and then went and swapped all of my cards out, then headed home. I was beat. Getting up at 2 am and hunting all day then driving the hour drive back to the house everyday wore me out.

All in all I saw 12-13 deer total. Ended up seeing 3 yesterday while swapping cards out. They were bedded right near where we park our yaks. Maybe 100 yards or so in the thickest brush out there.

I moved a cam into a creek bottom where I found a ton of tracks of where they're crossing.

I still have a buddy out there until Sunday hunting. He hasn't seen a deer yet today. He had some turkeys around him this morning scratching around.

I'm contemplating on deer hunting again this weekend, but the dang ducks have me wanting to blast them. haha The rut should be kicking in gear this weekend.

I'll see if I can post some pics of my yak. It's a 2018 Nucanoe Frontier 12 with a Minn Kota Powerdrive (remote or foot pedal driven) trolling motor, has a battery, and a cheap 360 light that I threw together. I store it and haul it on a jet ski trailer. The yak can hold like 650 pounds I believe. I carry some camo cloth tarp with me for when I get to where I'm hunting I toss it over the top and blend it in with the bank. The yak really helps with getting to some hard to reach spots. Some spots I'm hunting are 3 miles or more from the nearest walk in entrance.

Sorry for the lack of updates, I was thinking I would have more service while hunting, but it seemed that the stand locations I mainly sat didn't really give me any internet service. I was barely able to text or sent facebook messages.
                  Last edited by SFAbowhunter; 11-16-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Solid effort by you! good luck rest of season.

Comment

Beautiful setup! Good luck to your buddy, and to you when you get back out there

Comment

Dang, you gave em hell B! I know for sure im not that mad at em. I think you should go wear out the ducks, I bet Shiner is dying to go hunting too

Comment

Working...
                        X