Mason Co 10pt w/help from my friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mason Co 10pt w/help from my friends

Shot my first deer in a couple years in Mason this morning. The buck came in right at first light and I knew immediately I was shooting.

It was pretty overcast and it was getting daylight slow. I let this buck and a couple does mill around and settle in for a few minutes while the sun came up.

The 2 does we’re in hand corn about 15 yards until he pushed them out. I grabbed the bow when he turned broadside facing to the left and released the arrow. Felt like a good shot immediately and I watched the buck bust out of the pen.

30 minutes or so later, I checked the arrow and looked like good blood. It was still early, so I sat back in the blind and waited for Jim to finish his hunt.

We met at the house a couple hours later and went to track. After several attempts and finding little blood, we backed out and called Courtney (sika).

After a phone call and sending some pics, she and Rowdy were on their way and at the gate an hour or so later.

She dropped Rowdy on the track and after a few minutes of working it out, Rowdy was on a beeline up and over the far ridge. We came up the ridge to see Rowdy on the dead buck. He was still warm so he hadn’t been dead long. 414 yard track!

To top off a great morning, Jim (keep) cleaned the deer while Courtney and I cooked breakfast. Hard to beat that!!!

Y’all give Courtney and Rowdy a call if you need a great tracking dog! *(830) 220-4747‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They found one for me this year. When Rowdy gets on the track it’s over fast

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

That is some kind of special dog, and Courtney is pretty cool herself.

Comment

Way to go on all counts!!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Congrats!Actually sounds like a pretty cool mourning.

Comment

Congrats on a great buck!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Waydago very nice

Comment

Great job to all

Comment

Congrats to you and Courtney

Comment

Awesome job all the way around!! Great buck!

Comment

Atta boy and Courtney too.

Comment

Congratulations on the buck, and for the recovery!!!

Comment

Nice deer! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X