The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost out of 46... so went to the store... SOLD OUT 😩

Used the TBH data base and went with some Elijah Craig small batch........

It's almost as good as old crow... all most, gezzzzzz. The smell alone told me it would be "different"

Out of 12 yr weller as well

Comment

Tried the Yellow Rose blend and was really surprised how smooth it is, my new favorite sipping whiskey!

Comment

Went in Specs today to grab some bourbon but something better caught my eye. Laphroaig 10 for $31.99[emoji41]. Almost filled my basket but showed some control. Gonna be set for scotch for quite a while!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          Went in Specs today to grab some bourbon but something better caught my eye. Laphroaig 10 for $31.99[emoji41]. Almost filled my basket but showed some control. Gonna be set for scotch for quite a while!

How does it compare to macallen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
              How does it compare to macallen?

It's not really comparable because they are nothing alike.

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                What is a good brand not available in Texas?

Just don't say Pappy van Winkle, I'm not going to go through that again and come up empty handed.
                Blantons gold or Blantons straight from the barrel
                The only problem is they aren't available in any state.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My go to is Weller 12, Stagg jr, Rebel Yell 10yr and Belle Meade cask strength single barrel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                    It's not really comparable because they are nothing alike.

Would you describe the taste then versus mac (12 year)? I'm an amateur scotch drinker.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                      Would you describe the taste then versus mac (12 year)? I'm an amateur scotch drinker.

laphroaig is verrrrrry smokey, and peaty, where as macallan is more of a smooth, sweet, buttery taste.

Comment

laphroaig is verrrrrry smokey, and peaty, where as macallan is more of a smooth, sweet, buttery taste.

Yep, I would not recommend buying a bottle of any Isle scotch if you are a novice. The peat is an acquired taste and Laphroaig and the Ardbeg are over the top smokey. Try a pour after a fine meal sometime if you see one on a menu.

Comment

Yep, I would not recommend buying a bottle of any Isle scotch if you are a novice. The peat is an acquired taste and Laphroaig and the Ardbeg are over the top smokey. Try a pour after a fine meal sometime if you see one on a menu.

Now I remember, I've had it before. The peat and smoke was too much for me. I prefer the Macallan style.

Comment

Bought a bottle of Makers 46 tonight. My first time trying it.....it's ok, not something I'll buy again though.

Comment

I like original Makers but didn't really like the 46.

Comment

Drinking some Makers with dad today. Today would be mom's birthday but we lost her to cancer 2 years ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X