Raccoon & Turkey Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raccoon & Turkey Problem

I installed a new 12"x12" varmint cage on a Krivoman feeder and the raccoons are still reaching through grabbing the spinner. Any ideas to prevent the raccoons from reaching the spinner on the Krivoman feeders?

Also, how in the heck do you keep these darn turkeys away?

Here is a picture of the raccoons sitting on the corn plate:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT1796 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	24420786

Comment

Vaseline the legs every 45-60 days. Makes for some funny pictures and it does work.

The spring loaded Eliminator spinner plates work also.

As for the turkeys, well I don't have any. LOL

Comment

You need a bigger varmint cage, nearly as wide as that barrel. As you can see, 6" from the outside to the plate isn't enough space. Make your cage bigger, and add an eliminator plate.

IMO vaseline, pvc tubes, carpet tacks, shark teeth-- all a temporary bandaid.

As for the turkeys, I have noticed they typically don't like going into feed pens. Normally if 20 or so turkeys come in, I only see 3 or 4 go into the pen. Looks like your turkey don't mind the pen, time to start shooting them. Also any time I'm deer hunting and turkey come in, I'll just stand up or make a little movement and they will leave the area.

Comment

Build a cage the diameter of the barrel and they can't reach it.

Comment

Eliminator spin plate and problems go away!

I have the same feeder and no issues in 5-6 years. I also use other methods to rid my coons as a management practice

Comment

That's a lot of turkey's.... Call me when you wanna get rid of some.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                That's a lot of turkey's.... Call me when you wanna get rid of some.
                X2

Comment

22-250 almost took care of our coon problem all together!

Comment

Originally posted by Double L View Post
                    Build a cage the diameter of the barrel and they can't reach it.
                    Has worked for me and I attach it with a ratchet strap so it's easy to take off for service.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll look at both and see if that helps. Still have to kill these do turkeys. They eat tons of corn and protein and I'm getting sick of it.

Comment

Send me a PM if you want your turkey problem taken care of!

Comment

If also be glad to help with those pesky turkeys

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
                            Thanks for your suggestions. I'll look at both and see if that helps. Still have to kill these do turkeys. They eat tons of corn and protein and I'm getting sick of it.
                            We put round pens around our feeders
                            We have tons of turkeys and I haven't seen one in a pen in eight years.
                            Coons haven't been a problem with the PVC hung on a chain around the legs.
                            Even with tens of thousands of photos.

Comment

Not sure about raccoons, but shoot me a PM if you wanna get rid of turkeys!

Comment

Working...
                              X