Worst lease trip ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst lease trip ever?

Man, what a terrible weekend, I'm going to have trouble going back to the lease.

Bought a new Ranger last Thursday so I was pumped to head to the lease with the family (wife, 5 & 3 yr. old). Left the office Friday hooked up and off we went to Christoval. Well about 8:30 near Cisco my truck goes boom... literally! I pulled over immediately and the wife and boys are shook up as it was a LOUD bang at 75mph. Turns out I blew the CAC upper assembly which is part of the intake (common issue I've learned in 6.7's). So we pull over and I make some calls and my best friend who is already at the lease unhooks his trailer and makes the 2.5 hr trip to pick us up. He arrives and hooks up to my trailer and off we go. Make it to the lease around 3am and get some shut eye and hunt the morning. I call San Angelo Ford house after the morning hunt and luckily they have the part. We send the wife's and we keep the kiddos at the ranch house. Four hours later the girls show up with the part, bottles of wine, and shopping bags...found boutiques in San Angelo... beats me, but whatever. So we hunt the evening with no luck, hunt Sunday morning and buddy arrows a doe. I get back to the house and help him quarter her and get her on ice while the wife's cooked breakfast and loaded the trucks. Another lease member was there so he pulled my trailer as my best friend had his own trailer to pull home with his ranger. We finally get packed and hit the road home. We make it to my truck and best friend pops the hood and literally puts the new part on in less than 10 minutes and I'm back in business. We swap trailers over and head home. I couldn't say thanks enough so I tell everyone to follow me to Mary's for lunch, my treat. We pull in to Mary's and I ask my wife, you grabbled my laptop right... "I didn't see it"... we start searching the trucks and can't find it. I'm a loan officer and this is my work laptop. I took out of my truck when I left in Cisco and took in the house to view game cam pics. Mary's had terrible service so we all decided to not eat and leave. It was at this point that I realized I HAD to go back to the ranch... exactly 3 hour backtrack. So off we go, rough drive. I make it to the ranch house and sure enough there it is on the kitchen table. I grab it and head back once again. I drive no more and 10 minutes and it hits me. Shivers, body aches, and fever. Guys, I couldn't drive and was in the fetal position 15 mins later. So my wife jumps in the driver seat, all 120 lbs of her, and starts driving. She had never pulled a trailer but she did awesome. It gets dark and we are nearing Coleman and I'm sleeping and in pain when I hear a scream and whack! I jump up and wife is flipping out... "I hit a huge pig!" She did. I ask if the truck is driving fine and she says yes so I tell her to keep rolling, I fall back asleep. She pulls over for diesel about an hour later and I start filling up and check the truck. The front ranch hand did its job as there was just mud from the pig all over. She ran over it and the pig came up between truck and trailer, ripping my trailer plug out and leaving guts on my trailer. We fill up and off we go. I'm sleeping 5 mins later. We make it to the house and I'm so sick. I need to vomit and can't and I'm just plain miserable. I finally get to bed about midnight. One thing I failed to mention was that my son had the flu and hand/foot/mouth the week before so we had leftover Tamiflu that I started taking earlier in the day. Well I guess the strength of it messed up my stomach so I was up at 5am dealing with that. I'm up and that's when I realize I've got the worst chigger problem I've ever had on my rear end and waist line. I mean BAD guys. I finally get back to bed and get some sleep. I wake up and unload the truck and trailer and it was all I could do to get it done. I start to feel better Monday night and I'm thinking that was rough when all of a sudden my toe starts hurting. I'm like what the heck, well looks like I'm getting an ingrown toe nail... how?? I'm back to work today but have zero energy and could get back in bed. I'm looking at the calendar for my next lease trip and I don't even want to go. I'm going to get some holy water on the way home!

I'll take a flooded house over that ANYDAY!!

Comment

MAybe all that suffering will be payment for a big old buck next trip

Comment

Buuuuuuut, you have a deer lease to go to, right?
        Sorry to hear about the rough weekend( to put it mildly) . Glad it was no more serious with your truck than it was and I hope you get to feel'n better.
        Nothing else, you have one heck of a story to tell.

Comment

I hate to hear about all that bad stuff happening to you, I really do....but you aint even in the top 3 on TBH today.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            MAybe all that suffering will be payment for a big old buck next trip
            Hey!! I like your thinking! I've been so down that I couldn't even think like that

Comment

Originally posted by whakm View Post
              Buuuuuuut, you have a deer lease to go to, right?
              Sorry to hear about the rough weekend( to put it mildly) . Glad it was no more serious with your truck than it was and I hope you get to feel'n better.
              Nothing else, you have one heck of a story to tell.
              Haha, true!

Comment

I've had a couple trips like that over the years. Worst one was last year. Hunted one day, then doubled over for the next entire day. Godd thing I had a buddy with me, cuz he drove me home and GF took me to the ER. The next night they took out my gall bladder.

Comment

chiggers are the worst

Comment

Originally posted by rehmeyer1977 View Post
                    chiggers are the worst
                    I've had chiggers but nothing like this. The discomfort when seated is awful.
                    Last edited by Deer Tamales; 10-11-2017, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Hell that ain't all that bad.....Suck it up buttercup!

Comment

You better get back to the lease asap. After all that bad luck you've got to be due some good. I predict a productive hunt on your next trip.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          I hate to hear about all that bad stuff happening to you, I really do....but you aint even in the top 3 on TBH today.
                          Bwahahahaha! That is so wrong... but you are so right!

Comment

Stay with it bud, the next trip may be your best of the yr!

Comment

I've had some bad trips, but that one is right up there?

What part blew on the 6.7?

Comment

Working...
                              X