No announcement yet.

Beretta A400 or Winchester SX4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not familiar with the SX4 but I know you can fit the beretta to you. Imo that’s the most important feature on a shotgun.

Comment

You can get the A400 without the kickoff system. That's what I'd be looking at.

Comment

I bought the a400 xtreme plus with the kickoff and its a smooth gun.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
          You can get the A400 without the kickoff system. That's what I'd be looking at.
          Does the kick off create reliability issues?

Comment

Appreciate all the input guys!

I'll try and get my hands on a SX4 to see how she feels but will probably go back to the A400 since I was very comfortable with it. Just have to save a little longer.

Comment

How about a A300 if you want to save some $$$

I have both the A300 and A400 both have been flawless

Comment

There should be no doubt. A-400 hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  nope... i've cycled everything from 3 1/2'' magnums to 2 3/4" 7/8oz loads.

Comment

I'm fixing to sell my A400.It's a fancy wood stock though.I'll say this.It'll shoot low/high velocity/handloads,as fast as you can pull the trigger.First thing I did when I got it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoytassassin View Post
                      nope... i've cycled everything from 3 1/2'' magnums to 2 3/4" 7/8oz loads.
                      I'd not heard anything negative about it. I was just wondering why berettadave recommended getting one without a kickoff.

Comment

I haven't heard of any issues. I've shot both and I like the feel of the version without the kickoff. In my opinion, unless you are a young shooter or shooting heavy loads exclusively it's not needed. I've just never gotten use to a guns feel using a moving recoil reducer. Another thing is IF you ever needed the length of pull adjusted, it's a little more tricky on the one with the reducer.

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
                          I haven't heard of any issues. I've shot both and I like the feel of the version without the kickoff. In my opinion, unless you are a young shooter or shooting heavy loads exclusively it's not needed. I've just never gotten use to a guns feel using a moving recoil reducer. Another thing is IF you ever needed the length of pull adjusted, it's a little more tricky on the one with the reducer.
                          Thanks. That's what I was wondering. I've shot a gun with a "shock absorber" before too. Feels different for sure.

Comment

kinda apples to oranges on comparison since its gas vs inertia. I own the SX4 and have shot the a400. I still prefer my SX4

Comment

Thanks. That's what I was wondering. I've shot a gun with a "shock absorber" before too. Feels different for sure.
                              I have the 20ga A400 with the kick off and it does take some getting used to but I like it. I have over 2k rounds through this particular gun and have never had a single issue. Most people who shoot it are floored by how little felt recoil there is but its not really needed on the gas guns in my opinion. I bought it on sale as a gun that my wife could more easily shoot and something I can teach my son on when hes a bit older.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                                kinda apples to oranges on comparison since its gas vs inertia. I own the SX4 and have shot the a400. I still prefer my SX4
                                I’m pretty sure they are both gas.

Comment

Working...
                                X