Visited some old friends today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visited some old friends today.

I was cleaning out my workshop this morning, and I came to my bow rack. 8 or 9 bows all hanging there gathering dust except my "go to" Bear Montana. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike any of the others, they all have their own memories that go with each and every one.
    So I thought to myself, why not shoot these guys, instead of just having them collect dust.
    There is my first ever bow, from Santa when I was about 10. A Ben Pearson Jet. Heavy green fiberglass. Next was my Bear Grizzly, first serious bow, then the Kodiak Magnum, what a finger pincher that was. Then came my Bear Minuteman take down, my Martin X 150 , an old Herters recurve, given to my by a friend, also another recurve, built by a local Boyer and given to me. Last but not least is my (always wanted to build a bow) ,unfinished, 3/4 tillered, don't know if I'll ever finish, longbow. I didn't shoot the 3 youth bows. My Granddaughter and the neighbor kids keep them pretty well used.
    So I dusted them all off, strung them up , and spent the next 2 hrs, in the back getting re acquainted.
    Was it ever a ball, shooting these old guys, remembering the idiosyncrasies of each, a reunion of old pals.
    They are all back, unstrung,hanging on their pegs, waiting to be shot again. I guarantee it won't be a long wait.
    So dig out your old bows and spend some time with them, they will enjoy it as much as you do.

Sounds like a good time... I have widdled my herd down a little and the few that remained don't get too dusty between my shooting buddies and myself.

Comment

Awesome! I have a few collecting dust myself!

Bisch

Comment

But I only have 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          But I only have 1!
          That's not a bad thing.

Funny, that was always good enough when I shot a compound.

Comment

I've got a few collecting dust but I just can't bring myself to let go of any of them.

Comment

Working...
            X