Baker 3 annual blackbuck hunt anyone going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker 3 annual blackbuck hunt anyone going

I've been thinking about going to the annual blackbuck hunt at the baker 3 ranch. Anyone else going? Anyone have any feedback on this hunt? Thanks.

I did the axis hunt back in July (I think). It's definately a tough hunt. Although I did see axis, I saw more while driving that I did while hunting. I only saw two blackbuck on that trip.

Comment

I am going on the June axis hunt at baker3

Comment

More info?
        Where is Baker 3
        when is the hunt
        How much?

Comment

Check here:
          All Bow Hunts are full for 2023 Message to our Hunters Attention Hunters PLEASE DO NOT USE GPS TO GET TO THE BAKER

I'm still on the fence but leaining towards going.

Comment

Im doing a late June Axis hunt there

Comment

I thought about the axis hunt, but I have not heard from anyone that has gone there. How do these hunts work? Do you pay up front the total amount of the axis price regardless if you see anything or not?

Comment

I'll be there with bdog14. We went last March and had a blast. You pay $300 for a trespass fee and that includes an axis doe and unlimited immature and doe blackbucks. Everything else has a trophy fee; axis bulls and blackbucks over 16" are $700 and gobblers are $125. I whiffed on an axis bull last March on my first day and ended up shooting a gobbler. In October I shot an axis doe and missed a couple turkeys. It's a lot of fun, but it requires a little work. Everything is free-range and you have to work on your setups, but there are lots of animals there and the Bakers are good people.

baker3ranch.com

Comment

Thanks Wes. Hows the camping area? Are there bathrooms or showers available?

Comment

I always stay in the bunkhouse, but it seems like the camping area is ok. I'm sure you can just use the shower in the bunkhouse, I think that's what a lot of the tent campers do.

Comment

It's a fun time. Tons of land(23k acres, I think). I don't like how they went up on the kill fees (even though I've never killed anything there...but I have had a shot)....but it's still a reasonable price. A nice way to break up the time between deer seasons if nothing else.

Comment

We went as campers, they do not let campers use the bunkhouse showers.

Comment

Working...
                        X