PlayStation Vue???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayStation Vue???

Has anyone signed up for or have any feedback on using the PlayStation Vue service? Pros? Cons?

I "cut the cord" about a year ago, bought an HD antennae, subscribed to Nexflix, Hulu & Amazon Prime.

We use it for our local channels and it's fine, my only issue is that I don't hardly even watch the local channels any more. We have Netflix and Amazon as well and are saving about $80 a month after getting rid of directv, it would go to $120 a month if I canceled Vue.

I just downloaded Crackle the other day, it's free but there are commercial. It has some good old movies and some great original shows.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      We use it for our local channels and it's fine, my only issue is that I don't hardly even watch the local channels any more. We have Netflix and Amazon as well and are saving about $80 a month after getting rid of directv, it would go to $120 a month if I canceled Vue.

I just downloaded Crackle the other day, it's free but there are commercial. It has some good old movies and some great original shows.

I've been watching Crackle too, they have some good shows
      Thanks for the info

Comment

I recently "cut the cord" myself. Friend of mine recommended Playstation Vue. He loves it, but I signed up for 4 months of Directv Now and got a free Apple TV. Jury is still out on the Directv Now, may have to sign up for Playstation Vue once my 4 months is up.

Comment

Originally posted by KenHays View Post
          I've been watching Crackle too, they have some good shows
          Thanks for the info
          I love the old movies they have, we watched Hudson Hawk and Big Trouble in Little China the other day

Comment

What are you using for internet service? I use my cable providers and for the longest time, you had to have a cable subscription for it. I couldn't imagine doing all of that from my phone as a hotspot.

Comment

I have it and like it although my rate did go up a couple months back but I think rates went up for everyone. Not like when cable jacks your rate up because your contract ran out. I have been somewhat looking around at the other streaming provides but not that seriously as I'm pretty satisfied, even with the price increase. The only thing that stinks is that you cant record shows but you can usually go in and stream most in an "on demand" fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                What are you using for internet service? I use my cable providers and for the longest time, you had to have a cable subscription for it. I couldn't imagine doing all of that from my phone as a hotspot.
                i use att uverse for internet. i was paying about $120 a month for directv and about $60a month for uverse. when i canceled diretv they also dropped my internet to $30, without me even asking. so i am paying about $90-95 a month now for internet, netflix, amazon prime, and vue. and if it werent for my wife watching greys anatomy and me watching survivor, we wouldnt even need vue. and i have a digital antenna but with vue you can at least go back and watch old episodes and pause, rewind, etc...

Comment

I have had it for about 8 months or so, it offered the channels we watch with one of the lower tier packages, while others didn’t. It also has on demand and DVR. I have 2 TVs with amazon fire tv, a PlayStation, and an old Apple TV. It is not available on the Apple TV. I don’t have any complaints so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We've had Vue for about a year, its great for our daughter cause she still gets to watch disney channel etc. We have several apps for watching different shows and sports as well. AS long as you have the Vue you can log into just about any app and watch live or on demand. It does have buffering issues during evening hours and some live TV sports. We usually use the app associated with the sporting event to avoid buffering. Playstation is good about working through the issues as they come up as long as you report it. We have plenty of speed to the house for everything. We also use the Apple TV, which is very user friendly for this type of service, especially since we have quite a bit of movies in itunes that we load to and from the ipad for road trips, and playback on the TV as needed.

We pay about $85-90 a month for Vue and internet as of now, saved about $120 a month over spectrum/time warner.
                    Last edited by KDinTX; 03-02-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I've had Vue for almost 2 years with no major issues. Do not use it with a Firestick on your main TV. The channel menu lags and will drive you nuts. FireTV runs great.

Comment

I do Hulu $8, Netflix $12, Amazon $8 and about to get a outside powered antenna for local channels. $28/month

I don't watch that much TV either
                        Last edited by hunt247; 03-02-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X