Off season lease projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off season lease projects

With deer season now being over it is time for lease projects to start. I am wanting to put in a water station at my feed pen. Post up your water stations and let's see what innovative ideas you have came up with. Please feel free to post any plans, ideas, what has worked and what hasn't worked for you.

I plan on getting a 30 or so gallon trough and gravity feeding it with a 275 gallon tote thru a float valve.

No water stations as we have water on our place but I plan on setting up another blind/feeder spot and another blind overlooking a large portion of the center of our property for viewing or rifle hunting.

Comment

Planning on finding a lease...

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Planning on finding a lease...
        Ya, that's my project too.

Comment

Season over?I am still hunting till Feburary

Comment

Get my mini-split A/C installed
            Tower blind built
            Much more food plots prepped
            a few more trails cut and cleared for better approaches to stands
            Pond windmill aerator fixed

Wish list:
            City water line run
            Second story deck built

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
              Season over?I am still hunting till Feburary
              Dang you Marshall!

Comment

I plan on rebuilding a couple bow blinds and running a new water line to a pasture with no water. The main project will be putting a new roof on the ranch house along with full length porch and remodeling of the inside.

Comment

The cabin we used as a camp house sold, so we are looking to relocate. We think we have found a place, but it will need lots of work to get it cleaned up and ready for visitors. Hoping that it works out and we will put lots of sweat equity into it replacing carpet, etc.

Comment

This is the water trough setup we use right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully getting electric to our camp in the next month or two. Currently running off of a generator. The original camp has electric, and it’s only 75 yds away. The landowners made us a new camp, but currently im the only one in it.

Also have a couple of blinds to build, and set up another feeder or two.

Comment

Leasing a new portion of a property that I've already been hunting for a while so we'll be adding/changing feeder locations, putting up new stands, lots of scouting etc. Almost starting from scratch on this place.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond S View Post
                          With deer season now being over it is time for lease projects to start. I am wanting to put in a water station at my feed pen. Post up your water stations and let's see what innovative ideas you have came up with. Please feel free to post any plans, ideas, what has worked and what hasn't worked for you.

I plan on getting a 30 or so gallon trough and gravity feeding it with a 275 gallon tote thru a float valve.
                          A simple dog waterer from Tractor Supply or similar place is all you need to water the deer. Just be sure to anchor it down if pigs are in the area. Deer really don't need too big of a surface area to drink from and the bigger the surface area, the more loss you can get from evaporation or something getting in that can't get out and really mess up the water source which is another plus for the dog waterer.

Comment

I have quite a few. Want to get a water station set up. A third feeder set. And I need to build a blind for my daughter for rifle hunting and a box bow blind. Going to be a busy summer.

On my water station I am going to pipe the water from the tote about 50-100 feet downhill into some thick shade to avoid evaporations as much as possible.

Comment

Planning to burn & disc several fields, then fertilize & reseed some clover in those spots.

I’d like to do a little more with my spring plots if weather and time allows. Cut some timber last year in several spots so it will be interesting to see how it looks in its second spring of regrowth. I’m thinking it will really help out.

Comment

Working...
                              X