Video Review - Bow Slicker Sling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Review - Bow Slicker Sling

I've been wanting to create a few gear review videos for my YouTube channel. I purchased this Bow Slicker from Alpine Innovations and had a great customer service experience that I also wanted to acknowledge!

Review: Bow Slicker Sling (and Sight Slicker) - Alpine Innovations

Let me know your thoughts!

(Apologies for poor audio quality, I'm still building out the studio.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Anybody else use a sling?

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I don't have one but I really like that design. With the straps going over the riser it appears much better than my old Primos sling.

Comment

I need one for my Halon 32. This one looks like it will work great. I see some that are black but don't see an option to order black.

Comment

Originally posted by Full curl View Post
          I need one for my Halon 32. This one looks like it will work great. I see some that are black but don't see an option to order black.

I wanted the tan (like the Original they sent), but it was backordered when I talked to Corey, so I just went with camo. You could probably call or email them and they could let you know if they have it.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Nice review Michael. I've picked up different bow slings while looking around sporting goods stores, only to put em right back on the shelf. I usually only walk 100-200 yards to get to my stand and don't think it would be worth the extra time putting the bow in and taking it back out for that distance. Your upcoming trip is definitely a different story though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

great review michael thanks

Comment

I use a bow sling but it’s pretty much just like a rifle sling but wraps around any part of the bow you want to put it on. It of course doesn’t do any of the protecting but is far less bulk also.

My preference is my back pack that can attach either a rifle or a bow. That’s even less bulk if I’m going to have my pack with me anyway.

Have any of you really ever found that you need that much protection carrying your bow out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                  Nice review Michael. I've picked up different bow slings while looking around sporting goods stores, only to put em right back on the shelf. I usually only walk 100-200 yards to get to my stand and don't think it would be worth the extra time putting the bow in and taking it back out for that distance. Your upcoming trip is definitely a different story though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                  I use a bow sling but it’s pretty much just like a rifle sling but wraps around any part of the bow you want to put it on. It of course doesn’t do any of the protecting but is far less bulk also.

My preference is my back pack that can attach either a rifle or a bow. That’s even less bulk if I’m going to have my pack with me anyway.

Have any of you really ever found that you need that much protection carrying your bow out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me it's more about freeing up my hands to carry camera, tripod, etc. and still have the bow accessible.

I also like the protection from dust with the way I carry the bow on my Ranger when I drive to and from location.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I don't use one very often but the convenience of that model may have me using on more and more.

Thanks for the review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I like that design.

Thanks for the review...I hadn’t heard of that bow sling before till now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        I don't use one very often but the convenience of that model may have me using on more and more.

Thanks for the review.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks. I've used mine on "hikes" around our property with a weighted pack...just in case! I run across a hog!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                          I like that design.

Thanks for the review...I hadn’t heard of that bow sling before till now.

I had not either until I searched for the Primos on Amazon and it came up in the results.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                          X