Balloon Sinuplasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Balloon Sinuplasty

Who's done it? What were your results? Would you recommend it?

Allergies are making my life a living hell. Try bow hunting when you're constantly congested, no bueno.

Everyone that I know that has had it done says it's a waste of time. They all said just skip it and go straight to getting roto-rootered out.

Comment

Tagging this because I've been miserable the last 3-4 years now....

Comment

Interested as well, have a followup with the ENT tomorrow to discuss options and results from my CAT scan.

Comment

following

Comment

I just came from an entil appointment today. He's trying to rule out other issues first but did say I have a bone spur that while small could be my problem.

Have you seen an ent yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I just had it done for the 2nd time! 1st time I did notice a difference for the better. the 2nd time (two weeks ago) I really can't tell yet.

Comment

My wife had it done recently and says it's helped her tremendously..

Comment

I had the full roto rooter done can't even tell you all he did. Deviated septum to cutting and grinding you feel like you have a bad cold for about four or five days.
                  Best thing I have done for my allergies I would be on antibiotics about three times a year. Have not been on them in the past four years. Have almost zero problems from my allergies now.
                  I had been on shots for about eight years stopped doing that and don't really have to take meds anymore. I had mine done at Texas ENT was not that big of a deal no pain after surgery to speak of. But you will have stuff come out of your nose that will have you say to yourself,,,, **** wonder if I needed that.

Comment

I had it done 3 years ago. Best money that I have spent. Have not had a sinus infection in 3 years.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail View Post
                        I had the full roto rooter done can't even tell you all he did. Deviated septum to cutting and grinding you feel like you have a bad cold for about four or five days.
                        Best thing I have done for my allergies I would be on antibiotics about three times a year. Have not been on them in the past four years. Have almost zero problems from my allergies now.
                        I had been on shots for about eight years stopped doing that and don't really have to take meds anymore. I had mine done at Texas ENT was not that big of a deal no pain after surgery to speak of. But you will have stuff come out of your nose that will have you say to yourself,,,, **** wonder if I needed that.
                        I had the exact same problem..

Full roto-rooter, right sinus cavity so swollen it pressed against my septum and closed off my left nasal passage, also swollen against the back of my eye socket and fungus growing in my sinus cavity!

Removed my septum, spent 6 hours removing "cow poop like substance" (his words) from my right sinus cavity, spent 30 minutes on my left. According to the MRI, I do not have ANY sinus cavities in my forehead. He said that's rare but nothing to be alarmed about. He rebuilt my septum and reinsalled it.

Post-op, DO NOT SKIP OUT ON THE NASAL RINSE!!! This will keep the packing moist so that the doctor will be able to remove the packing on your next visit. I didn't rinse enough and had to go another week with the packing and irrigate it at least 6 times a day. When he removed the packing and plates on either side of my septum, (you won't believe how big the plates are and that they come out of your nose ), I could breathe fully and clear! First time to be able to breath out of both sides of my nose in many years!

Comment

Following.

I was getting sinus infections 4-5x per year. Singular reduced my infections down to 2-3x per year. Nonetheless, my ears have been clogged for nearly 10 year. I can clear them by yawning, but it only last 20-30 minutes. Drives me nuts!!!! I'm strongly considering a surgery. I've heard the sinuplasty is a simple procedure, but if the results don't last, then I will go the other route, I suppose. Interested in others feedback.

Comment

following

Comment

Well, had my followup with the ENT this morning and no balloon for me!

He thinks my issues are all allergy related so I'll be getting tested next week, then shots or drops to follow...

Comment

Working...
                              X